Is it worth getting a Wii U in 2019?

Associate
Would it be sensible to spend £100 on one from cex for the warranty?

Yes. 2 years is a fantastic offer.

I bought one for 80 quid last year. Premium Edition all boxed and mint condition.

As a family we still enjoy 4 player games on Super Mario Wii and the Wii U edition. Massive back catalogue of Wii games which look great in HD, also bought most of the online console games off the store which also has the original Bomberman games - more family 4 player fun.

We still use the Wii Fit board which works. I just seen it as a way to play more Nintendo classics with the added bonus of HD, a HDD and access still to Nintendo exclusives.

Soldato
I have a Wii U, if you can get one cheap and in good condition maybe but to be honest I'd say just get a Switch.

Almost everything decent has been released on there, the only game I love which I really want to see given a wider audience is Mario 3D World, it's amazing, better than Odyssey for me and the big band music is fab

Associate
Yeah, agreed, Mario 3D World is fantastic. It's so much better than Odyssey. The Wii U was and still is a great console. Shame about the way it was marketed.

The back catalogue of Wii games is a bonus, and if you want to go down custom firmware, you can play Gamecube games, not emulated either as the hardware is basically based on GC roots.

Soldato
Buying a Wii U gets you access to a lot more than a Wii U :)

Well worth it - I got it in 2014 and it is still plugged in under my TV today and gets used regularly.
Depends on your situation - I game mainly on my Switch but that is because the family want to use the TV, which is fair enough so then I can just switch to handheld mode. But if its for perosnal use on your own TV that nobody else will be using then I can only encourage you to get a Wii U immediately!

Getting hard to find some brand new Wii+ Remotes though, so grab then while you can - Along with a screen protector for the Gamepad, just because it gets grubby quite easily

Back
Top Bottom