Misgendering? Sam Smith is now they or them, not he or him?!

Man of Honour
It amazes me how stereotyping and generalisation, once called lazy thinking at best, as been re-designed to be called Identity politics and now used by most people in conversation.

It's not even a redesign, just a rebranding. "they're all the same" and "they all have the same identity" mean exactly the same thing. I'd call it polishing a turd, but even that's going too far. Polishing a turd does change it - it makes it shinier.

Soldato
I think there is a lot of confusion when it comes to identity. On the one hand some people push sexual fluidity and say "we're all on a scale", while on the other hand they put people in to a specific identity group, as though once they are in that group they can never change their minds. This happens in politics too. It's very easy to slip in to generalisations about a group of people as if you'd met, for example 3 people from that group all saying the same thing then its logical to think that most of that group might feel the same way. But the issue is human emotion isn't logical, and we should try and move away from making pre-assumptions about people until we find out why they believe in something.

Soldato
Caporegime
Well, if you mostly only did it for attention in the first place … I'm not surprised at all.

They're mentally ill, transgender is how it manifest itself. Those ills don't go away because you've done something you think would help.
Imagine if we treated anorexia by agreeing that they were fat and letting them starve themselves to death.

Or agreeing that somebody really was the reincarnation of Elvis and paying them royalties for all his songs :p

But we generally treat mental illness with a different approach. So it's odd that "trans" illnesses get such an affirmative response from health professionals, etc.

Soldato
I think there is a lot of confusion when it comes to identity.

What i don't like is "experts" coming into schools talking to primary kids confusing the hell out of them. That's akin to child abuse in my opinion "grooming" and if the teachers at a school my kid would go to try to do that i would call the police on them, no kidding.

Imagine if we treated anorexia by agreeing that they were fat and letting them starve themselves to death.

Or agreeing that somebody really was the reincarnation of Elvis and paying them royalties for all his songs :p

But we generally treat mental illness with a different approach. So it's odd that "trans" illnesses get such an affirmative response from health professionals, etc.

Unfortunately this is too logical in 2019.

Caporegime
This is getting rather silly - no reason why you can't have gender neutral cubicles and still have a "urinal" toilet... after all women have penises these days too... apparently.

UY0XXK6.png

'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex

https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds...eking-help-to-return-to-original-sex-11827740

Thats the worrying thing, the current trend seems to be that a girl who would otherwise be a "tomboy" or a an effeminate man are being persuaded that they're trapped in the wrong body, ditto to some gay people.

This woman has written a good article/post on the subject and unlike the older feminists it is much less credible for those who don't like the current SJW narrative being challenged to simply dismiss her or just shout her down as a "TERF" etc... they still are though. I suspect some of them actually hate her for it.

https://medium.com/@charlie.evans/t...e-vulnerability-of-lesbian-youth-10d4ac517e8e

Soldato
I am surprised not one bit.
Even though I 100% agree that people can be born into the wrong bodies we are making it too easy to help people carry out bad decisions that they might regret.

Just wait until the 6 year old kids now, being allowed to tinker with their gender at that age, reach 18 and fire lawsuits at someone for allowing them to be messed with. The shiser will hit the fan then. It's all a complete Horlicks.

Back
Top Bottom