Can you be thrown out of heaven and into hell (and vice versa)

Associate
Societies change, laws change, religions change.

What was once a sin is now accepted. What was once accepted is now a sin.

- In 1588 abortion was declared murder. Is every good person who has had an abortion before 1588, and in Heaven, suddenly expelled to Hell?

- If same sex is no longer considered a sin and an automatic place in hell, will all previous sinners suddenly be granted through the gates of heaven?

Last edited:
Associate
No. You knew what was a sin when you were alive and acted accordingly. Those who had an abortion before 1588 believed it wasn't a sin and therefore did it. If they continued after then that would be a different story.

Bit like saying the speed limit is 70 and you drive 70 everywhere then it changes to 60, are the police going to fine you because you've been previously going above the now current speed limit? (Alright the analogy is a little bit off but I'm sure the point is still there)

Note - I'm not religious in anyway and therefore don't even believe in heaven or hell but thought I'd reply with a serious answer before the thread inevitably sinks faster than the titanic with the usual crowd here.

Associate
OP
So what youre saying is, God has double standards, as heaven is full of what would be called serious criminals, and brothers who are also cousins, but it was fine when they lived so the got the life time pass?

Caporegime
The Bible has remained pretty much the same since it was first translated and I think it's fairly clear about what the right and wrongs are, it's only organised religion where people tend to blindly follow institutions (idols) like the Pope or the Church of England that have become as fluid when it comes to beliefs as gender politics is.

Man of Honour
Depends on the religion but there is usually a certain amount of disconnect between the will of "God" and the law. What may or may not be seen as legal/illegal may or may not be considered sinful by "God".

Generally with Christianity different people and denominations tend to see what they believe in any given passage anyhow rather than necessarily the spirit of the passage and/or take passages literal when God's message contained within isn't necessarily the literal interpretation of the words and then there is the whole saved through Jesus thing (repent and your sins are forgiven and all that so it wouldn't matter if what was and wasn't illegal changed in that context).

The reality is if Heaven/Hell exist in the Biblical sense then 90% of Christians are probably going to Hell anyhow and Heaven/God isn't what most of them think anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just because the state allows something doesn't necessarily mean your religion allows it so if abortion is against the teachings of the church then you're still (in theory) risking going to hell even if the state you live in has made it legal.

Permabanned
If I can be moved from Heaven to Hell at a later date, why bother being good?
Seeing as the whole point of religion is to get people to fall into line -- the answer is: no you can't move from Heaven to Hell, or Hell to Heaven. -- because: that's the most scary way of arranging it.

Caporegime
Heaven became overcrowded a few millennia ago. So no one has got in for a few thousand years.
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom