Can you be thrown out of heaven and into hell (and vice versa)

Man of Honour
Having worked with Christian engineering PhDs that believe that the fossil record and carbon dating are lies, having scientific proof that the Bible is about as historically accurate as a Jilly Cooper novel isn’t going to sway the Sky Pixie Fans.

Some of my relatives used to go to a church group (not sure on the current status) that had all kinds of highly educated professional people including scientists with a whole string of letters to their name - proper active Christian group not like this stuff in the US, etc. that is more about making themselves feel better/done for appearance - I have no idea how they reconcile the two positions.

Soldato
The question boils down to what you think the sins are for?
As in there purpose as a sin.

Is it a list of words that you follow to the letter or you go to hell
Or is it an interpretation of what it means to be a 'good and moral person'

If its the former, then you stay in hell and anyone who believes an interpretation other than the original (oldest) is wrong.
If it's the latter, then people have just realised, over time, that their previous interpretations of 'gods morality' were wrong, and everyone they believed went to hell, did not. As the all knowing god would have always had the real interpretation, and all the abortions/homosexuals/people who wore garments of 2 woven threads actually went to heaven (if no other sins) while the preachers on earth claimed otherwise.

Personally, don't believe in Sky Pixies

Caporegime
The question boils down to what you think the sins are for?
As in there purpose as a sin.

Is it a list of words that you follow to the letter or you go to hell
Or is it an interpretation of what it means to be a 'good and moral person'

If its the former, then you stay in hell and anyone who believes an interpretation other than the original (oldest) is wrong.
If it's the latter, then people have just realised, over time, that their previous interpretations of 'gods morality' were wrong, and everyone they believed went to hell, did not. As the all knowing god would have always had the real interpretation, and all the abortions/homosexuals/people who wore garments of 2 woven threads actually went to heaven (if no other sins) while the preachers on earth claimed otherwise.

Personally, don't believe in Sky Pixies

Then surely they have a case for mitigation from God as they were led down the wrong path so Heaven must be pretty full due to administration error!

Hitler could have gone to God and truly believed he was divine in what he did and thus be excused because he was led down the wrong path.

Soldato
Then surely they have a case for mitigation from God as they were led down the wrong path so Heaven must be pretty full due to administration error!

Hitler could have gone to God and truly believed he was divine in what he did and thus be excused because he was led down the wrong path.
Sounds like they were following false prophets, that's a sin already.
Clearly need to read the source material personally and get the interpretation right yourself.
I'm not making the rules here :p

Soldato

Or repented on the last second, apparently that gets you in too :D

Soldato
honestly, if all it takes to be cleansed of any evil doings is to say your sorry I can't image there are many people in hell anyway.

"Now this device is designed to eternally insert a large pineapple into your rectu.... " "I AM SO SORRY!"

Whoosh

Up to heaven :D

Associate
The biblical story of jacobs ladder suggests there is a route from hell to heaven. The story of Jacobs ladder is a bible tale but it was made into a hollywood film in the early 90's.

If you haven't seen it yet you should.

When I am at my lowest, when I feel worst, I think maybe there is a path to 'heaven'.

I don't belive in heaven or hell but I belive your brain can certainly torment itself in such a way as to create hell.

Have edited it a second time to remove the spoiler. Watch the 1990(1991) hollywood film called jacobs ladder.

You will have a better understanding of heaven and hell then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don't you all sing me a song, you're a singer.
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil. The devil is never a maker. The less that you give, you're a taker. So it's on and on and on. It's heaven and hell, oh well, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom