IT worker killed his wife after she mocked him for his limp **** found guilty of murder.

Soldato
There was nothing stopping him divorcing her, or moving out.

It really isn't that simple mate. I lived through something similar where my ex-wife was mentally abusive and gaslighting me. She was constantly trying to get me to the GP in order to get me drugged up and in therapy and i was half-convinced i was the one with a mental illness. It turned out she was the one with severe mental problems. I only got out when she tried to commit suicide and ended up in intensive care for several weeks after unsuccessfully trying to stab me in the kitchen.

In those few weeks, i moved out and back to my parents, I was able to decompress and realize what a pressure cooker I was in and by the time she got out of hospital i knew what a horribly abusive marriage i was in. I finally got that divorce. I'm now remarried to an extraordinary girl and have a baby on the way. I couldn't be happier.

Soldato
It really isn't that simple mate. I lived through something similar where my ex-wife was mentally abusive and gaslighting me. She was constantly trying to get me to the GP in order to get me drugged up and in therapy and i was half-convinced i was the one with a mental illness. It turned out she was the one with severe mental problems. I only got out when she tried to commit suicide and ended up in intensive care for several weeks after unsuccessfully trying to stab me in the kitchen.

In those few weeks, i moved out and back to my parents, I was able to decompress and realize what a pressure cooker I was in and by the time she got out of hospital i knew what a horribly abusive marriage i was in. I finally got that divorce. I'm now remarried to an extraordinary girl and have a baby on the way. I couldn't be happier.
Could I have her number? I love me some crazy.

Soldato

That's good that you got out of an abusive relationship. I think female to male abuse happens more than people realise. I remember when me and my friends first started dating women I was surprised to hear that out of the 3 of us, I was the only one who hadn't been slapped in the face.

But I think in this story, if you stabbed her, I'm sure you'd admit it? In your mind you'd have been pushed to your limits and that would have been your defense. But this guy did it and tried to hide what he'd done. He was only caught because he had a spek of her blood on his sock after saying he wasn't there at the time of her murder.

He's made the biggest lie and now we're expected to believe his story of his wife and her insults. I'm sorry to say if someone is lying about murder I have little time for them. If a person murders someone then admit it and submit your defense to court.

Someone close to me has experience domestic violence that changed her life forever. Her ex partner is currently locked up in a mental institution and if he's ever released he'll stand trial for what he's done.

Soldato
I agree with the verdict, however -

How is it a defence against a murder conviction when he bludgeoned her to death?

I can understand him snapping as in losing his temper and getting angry/shouting etc.. but not snapping and then bludgeoning her to death

After years of psychological pressure some people just snap, thats not hard to understand. Whilst women have been killing abusive husbands for years, it's fairly rare to see it it being an "abusive" wife you gets killed but, when it is, it's always after the man has finally had enough and one final insult pushes them past the edge of reasoning.

he could have just split up/divorced her.

if she was that much of a nightmare then he should have split up with her years ago.

People love others. Again, it's not hard to understand that people in love stick together through all manner of stuff.

that is inexcusable regardless of her being a complete pain to live with etc..

"complete pain to live with" - wow, thats some world class levels of understatement there! There was obviously some extreme levels of psychological pressure involved when even the victims Mother holds no blame. However, you can't go around killing people so the verdict is correct, unless of course you're a woman accused of this ;)

Caporegime
OP
Sure it’s not hard to understand wanting to stick together in general however if it has got to the point where he’s literally murdered her then that is harder to understand.

I don’t see how conflating that with general marital trouble or trying to normalise it is helpful here. People split up/get divorced all the time, including as a result of some unstable partner they might otherwise think they love - that is the usual course of action to take here. That shouldn’t be too hard to understand.

Soldato
Yet battered wives stick with "physically abusive" husbands in the same way this guy stayed with a "mentally abusive" wife - some people love another so much virtually nothing will make them leave the other. It's completely bonkers and mentally unhealthy yet it really isn't hard to understand.

Caporegime
OP
Yet battered wives stick with "physically abusive" husbands in the same way this guy stayed with a "mentally abusive" wife - some people love another so much virtually nothing will make them leave the other. It's completely bonkers and mentally unhealthy yet it really isn't hard to understand.

That isn't hard to understand, that isn't what I'm referring to like I already said - it is the killing bit as opposed to leaving! Once it has got to that point then it is rather hard to understand the mentality to kill someone rather than leave them. Plenty of people either stick together without killing or separate etc.. generally if it becomes too much that they can't take any more then they leave maybe temporarily/maybe permanently and/or call the police - actually killing your spouse is rather rare in comparison.

Soldato
That isn't hard to understand, that isn't what I'm referring to like I already said - it is the killing bit as opposed to leaving!

I think that when people reach their limit they just snap during a row or fight, so it's rarely a pre-meditated "should I leave or murder them" act but an impulsive "heat of the moment and I saw red" thing and totally unplanned. I personally find it amazing people stick with toxic relationships for so long that they get to the point of murder but it happens so often its not a shock any more.

Caporegime
OP
I think that when people reach their limit they just snap during a row or fight, so it's rarely a pre-meditated "should I leave or murder them" act but an impulsive "heat of the moment and I saw red" thing and totally unplanned. I personally find it amazing people stick with toxic relationships for so long that they get to the point of murder but it happens so often its not a shock any more.

Yes it happens but they could also walk away etc... or do something that doesn’t involve blatant murder.

In the case of the female attacker also mentioned in the OP she planned it and got downgraded to manslaughter.

Permabanned
I dont see a red-mist snap of anger as a defence for murder. As for sticking with toxic relationships until murder ... I dont get it either.

So you can turn it off an on like a tap then? There is no support for men who want out either unlike women.

Female violence is a wide spread issue i think, But it is really taboo also because a lot of men suck it up not wanting to hurt thier lady. But if you report her chances are you yourself will be the one blamed for violence. And who will they believe? Times like this her male family members and potential white knights will be wanting words with you.

Associate
We need context here. Now imagine her laying in bad all nice and saggy. Not only wondering why you don't get hard but also laughing at you.
ss-composite-image-2019-10-11-14-40_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

Back
Top Bottom