• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
Yeah. I agree, for the extra £50 better off going with the 5700 XT. Seems the cheap Vega deals have ended. Some were getting is close to £200 at one point. But as stock levels are going down prices are going up it seems.

Just to make you aware there were some reports some people having some issues with the 5700 XT, though this seems to be a small percentage from what I can see. But worth looking into/keeping in mind. Not a huge deal though, if you have issues just send it back and get a refund in the first 14 days :)

Thanks for the heads-up , I might go with the sapphire, my very old pc i5 3570k and sapphire 7970 is still well doing and being used by my little brother :D

Caporegime
OP
NVIDIA Ampere Rumors : Massive RT Performance Uplift, Higher Clocks, More vRAM & Lower TDP vs. Turing

NVIDIA Ampere RTX 3000 Series GPUs Rumored to Feature Improved Rasterization & "Massive" Ray Tracing Performance Improvement Over Turing
One of the very first things that NVIDIA allegedly wanted to communicate to its partners was that it's still definitely all-in on ray tracing. Ray tracing was NVIDIA's main pitch for why you, I and everyone else should buy an RTX 2000 series graphics card. However, in the vast majority of cases we've seen to date ,the performance is simply not there yet to get most people excited about Ray Tracing.

This is said to be changing with Ampere. The company is promising "massive" ray tracing performance improvements across the board with the next generation RTX 3000 series parts as compared to the current flock of Turing RTX 2000 series graphics cards. Ampere's Ray Tracing cores will be faster, more power efficient and Ampere GPUs will have more of them as compared to Turing.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampere-...higher-clocks-more-vram-lower-tdps-vs-turing/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Caporegime
Not that I trust that place, but is this really a surprise? I have been saying this for ages :D

@Gregster will be upgrading, even though he said he won't be. He will not be able to resist the RT performance that Ampere will bring ;)
It will be nigh on impossible but I am determined to stave off the upgrade and wait it out but if performance and price is good, who knows? lol

bru

bru

Soldato
Well I didn't go for the 1070, nor the 1070ti, I managed to save my self from the 2070 and even went as far as pre ordering the 2070super only to cancel at the last minute. I know I will have to get a 3070 (assuming they call it that) probably along with a new Ryzen rig as my MSI 970 and xenon [email protected] will definitely be due an upgrade by then.

Soldato
If they increase the prices of the 3080 and 3080ti from where we are currently with the 2080 and 2080ti's then... well they just wont sell in any viable volume surely.

People will just hold off and buy a console.

Soldato
If they increase the prices of the 3080 and 3080ti from where we are currently with the 2080 and 2080ti's then... well they just wont sell in any viable volume surely.

People will just hold off and buy a console.

the prices are going down not up - the 3080 and higher gets price cut, 3070 and lower remains the same price

Back
Top Bottom