The Outer Worlds (Obsidian)

Soldato
I'm on the latest driver already. It's still somewhat playable, but every 20-30 seconds whole game seems to pause/slow down, then it resumes again. Doesn't really feel smooth to me as a result.

Ah defo not getting that. Would have wound me up if I saw consistent slow downs every 20-30 secs. Would check your GPU and CPU usage to make sure they are not dropping or anything.

Soldato
No performance problems on my Vega64. I have everything on ultra and called to 120fps.

I turned off the nasty blurry effects, DOF and chromatic aberration effects in engine.ini though. Looks much nicer.

Soldato
What issues with Freesync? Just not working at all? Working now?

On first and second launch of the game with radeon driver 19.10.1 freesync didn't work at all and my monitor was just running at a static 240hz. I then downloaded the newest 19.10.2 and freesync started to work but that driver is weird and pc started to crash. Now i'm back on 19.10.1 and freesync is still working :p. Sooo dunno what that was about.

Soldato
I'm still disappointed that even after all this time since Fallout 3 and New Vegas that you still have to transition through a load screen to enter the larger settlements, it really needs to be more like the witcher and dare I say it, Star Citizen with streaming tech to bring the landscape in to play.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm still disappointed that even after all this time since Fallout 3 and New Vegas that you still have to transition through a load screen to enter the larger settlements, it really needs to be more like the witcher and dare I say it, Star Citizen with streaming tech to bring the landscape in to play.
I am sure if they make a sequel that won't be the case anymore as next gen consoles will have an ssd :D

I really hope they do make a sequel to this as it has a lot of potential to be even better.

Soldato
I'm on the latest driver already. It's still somewhat playable, but every 20-30 seconds whole game seems to pause/slow down, then it resumes again. Doesn't really feel smooth to me as a result.

Have you limited the FPS?

By default it's set to unlimited, which will cause stutter.

I set mine to 60 (running a 1070 at same rez as you) and it's fine.

Associate
I enjoy the game although graphics is from last decade. Reminds me Bioshock visuals from many many years ago with higher PC specs requirements. It's OK to play through game pass but I wouldn't pay full price for a game that looks like this.

Soldato
I enjoy the game although graphics is from last decade.

I was thinking it looked like a sorta Borderlands, not as bad, but towards that direction. My summary from watching someone playing it is that the graphics are bad, the characters are like 80's flip-flop 2D shapes that "face" you. It has HP bars, it's got hit markers, it's got magical floating damage points, the weapons have no weight to them and feels like crap and they didn't give the main character a voice, it has few NPC's, the NPC's it has all have the same leaning against a wall animation copy-pasta and the writing is as bad the last season of Game of Thrones by Dumb & Dumber.

Just the first looks, my opinion might change when my download is finished and I play it.

Last edited:
Associate
Very much enjoying it so far. I'm almost 10 hours in and have just left Groundbreaker. There's much more content here than I expected but then I'm taking my time exploring, doing side quests, talking to people and reading lore entries. They give context that i find helps with certain decisions.

I personally like that it's not completely open world. I could never get far in previous open world titles. I'd lose focus on my objectives and to be honest get tired of all the space... if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom