Steam Library Beta Coming Sept 17

Caporegime
Any way to get rid of the menu on the left, and that Whats New at the top ?, i just want my games displayed.

is there a way to have it the old way ?

Yeah, thank god. :p

EDIT:

Found a way to get rid of the 'Whats New', right click them all, and remove, then it disappears, but i suspect, that when theres a new update, it'll just reappear.

Theres some Custom Images for your games for the new layout too now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was on Steam this morning and it was normal. Just fired up to be greeted by a "updating Steam" message and when it opened it was aaarrrrggggghhhh my eyes". What a abomination!! Who the hell thought it was a good idea to force that onto everyone. They could at least give a option to revert to the old library. There are loads of complaints on the Steam discussion boards and people asking for the option to revert.

Soldato
It would be good if there was an option to change to the old interface, but after tidying the library up a bit e.g. minimising certain categories I have set on the left hand side, removing shelves and setting the game icons to medium, it doesn't look too bad to me. Just a reminder...you can set custom artwork for game icons by right clicking an icon > Manage > Set custom artwork e.g.

steam_custom_artwork.png

Soldato
Went back to the old one immediately. How can anyone think it looks better? :/

I guess they gave the job to a work experience boy or something. It's a complete mess, even the font used to list your games looks wrong.

Soldato
Must just be me then. Looks a lot better in my opinion, nice to see the top game banners when looking at a game, news, community content etc. Much more modern rather than still looking like something out of win xp :p.

Man of Honour
Take it or leave it for me - some bits visually nicer but in some ways more visual noise and doesn't improve functionally over what it was before but fortunately after changing a couple of settings isn't any worse to use than before.

Associate
It's OK, I prefer the darker colours of the old one over the lighter colours of the new one. Bit more of a faff to just see 'installed games' to begin with, and the What's New section should be somewhere else and not in the Library.
I also prefer the tiles of the games from the old one than the new one, no one click Play/Details option on the tiles is a bit annoying. Not sure about the game page either.

Edit: Oh god, I re-enabled Community Content. Kill it with fire!

Soldato
So, after a beta period where 99.9% of people told them it was garbage, they forced it out to people and surprisingly 99.9% of the feedback is that it's garbage /shock.

Valve have done more in the last 24 hours to make the Epic Games Store look appealing than Epic have done period :p

Man of Honour
Only issue I've had with it so far is the window or some elements not redrawing unless another window passes over them or other OS/UI activity forces it.

Back
Top Bottom