Are Eastern European countries racist?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Only countries I have been racially abused in a way that I noticed have been England, China & Poland. There could have been a million things said about me in Italian or Spanish or even Swahili for all I know...

Poland it was the ladies on a night out drunk off their faces. The men didn't say anything to our faces, it was the women who were hardcore.

I doubt any were as racist as some if my jokes... but they just jokes :)

Associate
First holiday i encountered racism was in the Dominican republic as a teenager. plenty of throat chopping gestures and long stares.

Brother has a polish wife so i know what they're like too, although plenty of the women will date or marry foreigners.

Caporegime
I have a Lithuanian wife and my mother is Polish as my father met her while stationed in Poland for four years back in the cold war days. I have never seen racism but both countries are quite religious and really against homosexuality. I called one guy a gay boy as a bit of banter and nearly got knocked the hell out.

I do not think the UK is any different. I think people just hide behind a face. Brexit vote is a prime example of that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I visit London a lot and I can't say that I have ever seen a right wing march so Britain and the British people can't be racist :confused:

They just hate foreigners :(

edited: Oh, yeah, and especially the French ;)

I appreciate that you put a smiley, but I’ve always thought
that the anti-French thing with Brits was latent envy :rolleyes:

First holiday i encountered racism was in the Dominican republic as a teenager. plenty of throat chopping gestures and long stares.

Brother has a polish wife so i know what they're like too, although plenty of the women will date or marry foreigners.

I lived with a Polish girl for 8 years, absolutely drop dead gorgeous, but so jealous, you wouldn’t believe.
She got the zig one night in a pub because a barmaid served me, “Why didn’t you wait for a barman, tell the truth, you fancied her didn’t you?”

Caporegime
I visit London a lot and I can't say that I have ever seen a right wing march so Britain and the British people can't be racist :confused:

They just hate foreigners :(

That makes no sense... either at face value or as a sarcastic comment in reply to the other poster citing rather more blatant racism experienced in Ukraine - I don't think he's claimed that there is no racism in the UK.

What he highlighted isn't common in the UK though - there are plenty of full on Nazi types in Ukraine.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
She got the zig one night
Awesome :)

I’ve always thought
Hmmm... envious of the superior arrogance, perhaps?
Italy & Spain can be pretty bad if you're black, 2 black work colleagues won't go back to Barcelona after having monkey noises made at them on 4 different occasions in one weekend.
Strange that, something rooted in the Latin cultures? #Latinisnotarace

Man of Honour
Awesome :)

Hmmm... envious of the superior arrogance, perhaps?

Perhaps you’re unsure of “zig”, which really should be Sig, it’s
abbreviated rhyming slang for Sigmund Freud- annoyed.

You could be right about envy of superior arrogance, U.K.
has zero to be superior about, but it attempts arrogance.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Perhaps you’re unsure of “zig”, which really should be Sig, it’s
abbreviated rhyming slang for Sigmund Freud- annoyed.
Aww man, I wanted it to be oldy-timey slang, not rhyming slang :(

You could be right about envy of superior arrogance, U.K. has zero to be superior about, but it attempts arrogance.
I think you'll find we pretty much lead the way in terms of literature and possibly even musical abilities fulfilling the artistic side of the die, we also lead the world in most financial industries, we are one of the biggest champions of human rights, we have leading higher education faculties flooded with the money of foreign elites wanting the best for their children, oh and we also have the best healthcare system on the planet (not counting the animal kingdom). We've just lost our way for a tad due to the toxic crowd bullying their majority into our political system.

Oh and tv, we make the best tv, undeniable.

Man of Honour
Aww man, I wanted it to be oldy-timey slang, not rhyming slang :(

I think you'll find we pretty much lead the way in terms of literature and possibly even musical abilities fulfilling the artistic side of the die, we also lead the world in most financial industries, we are one of the biggest champions of human rights, we have leading higher education faculties flooded with the money of foreign elites wanting the best for their children, oh and we also have the best healthcare system on the planet (not counting the animal kingdom). We've just lost our way for a tad due to the toxic crowd bullying their majority into our political system.

Oh and tv, we make the best tv, undeniable.

Absolutely no desire to start WW3 over this, I’ll grant that Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens etc. lead the literary world with their output, but Victor Hugo, Emile Zola, and Albert Camus are up there too.
Good U.K. TV can undeniably be measured with the best, and by the best I mean “Engranages” and “Plus Belle la Vie”, with an honorary mention for “Camera Café”.
I yield to no one in my admiration for a great deal of Britain’s achievements, but my soupçon of Gallic blood pushes me to extol the talents of talented citoyens de La République Français.

Soldato
I appreciate that you put a smiley, but I’ve always thought

I always thought the anti-French thing was playful banter and ribbing between two close countries. I never knew an English guy that truely hated the French

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I wasn't too impressed by the recent statement by a French leading figure on a tv Brexit documentary who, by his own admission, stated that he was deliberately making Brexit difficult as a warning to anyone else considering doing the same.

e: We need not discount the general virtue of discipline, but it is evident there is a clear cultural difference between the french concept of liberty and that of John Stuart Mill, author of "On Liberty".

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wasn't too impressed by the recent statement by a French leading figure on a tv Brexit documentary who, by his own admission, stated that he was deliberately making Brexit difficult as a warning to anyone else considering doing the same.

e: We need not discount the general virtue of discipline, but it is evident there is a clear cultural difference between the french concept of liberty and that of John Stuart Mill, author of "On Liberty".

This isn’t a brexit thread, but why should the french not try to benefit from a situation that can go in their favour?

That is just a basic geopolitical reality

Soldato
Why are the French getting bashed? They are amazing people. Like the Dutch they are close neighbours and great trading partners of the UK and we all stick together in a rumble. To me it seems similar to the faux Yorks/Lancs thing where the best of friends rib each other with light-hearted references to history. Most of it in the past was Caths v Prots rather than Brits v Gauls.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Absolutely no desire to start WW3 over this, I’ll grant that Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens etc. lead the literary world with their output, but Victor Hugo, Emile Zola, and Albert Camus are up there too.
Good U.K. TV can undeniably be measured with the best, and by the best I mean “Engranages” and “Plus Belle la Vie”, with an honorary mention for “Camera Café”.
I yield to no one in my admiration for a great deal of Britain’s achievements, but my soupçon of Gallic blood pushes me to extol the talents of talented citoyens de La République Français.

What's wrong with your keyboard?

Back
Top Bottom