Are Eastern European countries racist?

Soldato
You could provide evidence to refute that, but you wont because it doesn't exist. I can equally say that the protests are deeply popular, don't need evidence either.

Then why does no one actually care a couple got beat up earlier today on the underground and that they are being arrested in large numbers. The public want them gone asap.

If it was e.g. NHS staff the public would be fuming.

Caporegime
You could provide evidence to refute that, but you wont because it doesn't exist. I can equally say that the protests are deeply popular, don't need evidence either.

LOL while lots of people are concerned about climate change very few people like the direct action protestors trying to disrupt public transport - in fact commuters took some direct action themselves against one of them today.

Caporegime
LOL while lots of people are concerned about climate change very few people like the direct action protestors trying to disrupt public transport - in fact commuters took some direct action themselves against one of them today.

Not proof, you know numbers, to confirm or deny a statement not just made to antagonise for no reason.

/ :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

That includes XR and a majority of their ‘rebels’.

Soldato
Following on from the England game last night(along with previous incidents in nearby countries)and the racist abuse aimed at black players i started to wonder why this happens in eastern europe.

I would guess its mainly down to the fact there are very few black people in these countries so they are seen as a bit of a novelty by the citizens of these countries. Or is it something totally different?

Pay a visit on the Brexit discussion.

Caporegime
Not proof, you know numbers, to confirm or deny a statement not just made to antagonise for no reason

/ :)

LOL why not read the news, take a look at social media or gauge some sentiment form the comments, honestly you live in a bubble if you're unaware of this.

In fact if you want data then various articles are citing polls from within the movement itself showing 72% opposed todays action to disrupt the tube... that's again from the movement itself! Not the general public - you don't have to be too much of a genius to figure out that in the wider general public there was likely even more opposition to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/17/london-tube-protest-divides-extinction-rebellion

Disrupting London trains was opposed by 72% of activists in poll

Caporegime
LOL why not read the news, take a look at social media or gauge some sentiment form the comments, honestly you live in a bubble if you're unaware of this.

In fact if you want data then various articles are citing polls from within the movement itself showing circa 70% opposed todays action to disrupt the tube... that's again from the movement itself! Not the general public - you don't have to be too much of a genius to figure out that in the wider general public there was likely even more opposition to it.

You're literally asking me to take a stance on what the MSM pushes out? Really?

I want a POLL (showing specifically that the general public don't agree with the movement in general) and then i can shut up, but until then... all you have is rhetoric and supposition. I thought you were better than that.

Caporegime
You're literally asking me to take a stance on what the MSM pushes out? Really?

I want a POLL and then i can shut up, but until then... all you have is rhetoric.

I literally just referred to a poll in the post you just quoted and now I've edited it with the exact figure and provided a link... I await your response...

I didn't tell you to take a stance on "MSM" I'm telling you to engage your brain and try to pay attention to what is actually happening! If you're unable to gauge the general sentiment towards such actions then your judgement is a bit dubious - now you've got some empirical data too.

Associate
having a Polish wife who isn't racist but having been to Poland many many time, and speaking purely of Poland. Yes, they are pretty damn racist but ironically very religious.

Soldato
I would guess its mainly down to the fact there are very few black people in these countries so they are seen as a bit of a novelty by the citizens of these countries.

Pretty much. When you look at history of most of these countries they had very little exposure to non-white nations, very little to no trade with African or Arabic nations and when they did it would have been Turks and Mongols to some extent during their invasions. Add to it that most of the people over the age of 40ish grew up behind the iron curtain and told foreigners are bad.

Associate
Pretty much. When you look at history of most of these countries they had very little exposure to non-white nations, very little to no trade with African or Arabic nations and when they did it would have been Turks and Mongols to some extent during their invasions. Add to it that most of the people over the age of 40ish grew up behind the iron curtain and told foreigners are bad.

In the case of the Balkans in particular they have a proud history of being the gates to Europe and traditionally fighting Islamic and African invasion into Europe from medieval times. Kosovo literally means blackbird which relates to the Battle of Kosovo in 1389 where Serbia was almost annihilated fighting the Ottoman empire. The Serbs still celebrate it as a victory (in loss) and their heritage of fighting to the death to protect Europe.

It was this sentiment that fuelled the Balkan conflict against the Croats and more generally anti Arabic and African feelings.

Soldato
having a Polish wife who isn't racist but having been to Poland many many time, and speaking purely of Poland. Yes, they are pretty damn racist but ironically very religious.

I could have written the same word for word.

They are fairly openly racist in my experience of the 30+ times i've been over the last 12 years. They are also quite proud of it and there is a very "white is right" sentiment. It might be regional though as her family is from central Poland, Łódź area.

Soldato
The FRY was made up of a group of very different peoples with grudges going back hundreds of years and was only held together by Marshall Tito parking a platoon of T-60s on anyone who stepped out of line.

Caporegime
I literally just referred to a poll in the post you just quoted and now I've edited it with the exact figure and provided a link... I await your response...

I didn't tell you to take a stance on "MSM" I'm telling you to engage your brain and try to pay attention to what is actually happening! If you're unable to gauge the general sentiment towards such actions then your judgement is a bit dubious - now you've got some empirical data too.

I want it for the whole of the UK (you know a cross section that matters), not activists and the question must be along the lines of "Do you agree with what the XR peeps are doing?" preferably with other questions regarding how they've shifted opinion, that poll doesn't exist (yet, i assume anyway) so you can't show it to me, nor can you use a different poll to give me a fudge and expect me to take it as evidence of a wider image (because it isn't). The reason society is so useless right now is because anecdotes and rhetoric have overtaken reality and evidence.

This is also has nothing to do with this thread to be quite frank and honestly i don't think i care enough to know anymore.

Permabanned
The racism scandal is still in the news, with the Bulgarian national team sanctioned by UEFA with two empty-seat home games and a fine.
The fine looks very modest and not enough.

After all, the teams earn millions of euros in the European competitions.

What I want to up this thread for is that the issue is not simply "football hooligans", it seems the issues are in the government.
The things that happen in the capital Sofia are not normal.

It looks like discrimination and sadism not known since the Nazis in the 1930s-1940s.

Look, a brand new street in Sofia:

New-street.png

The yellow path on the pedestrians walkway is for the people who need assistance and cannot see.

:(

Permabanned
Nah, some people are bright, others are dark, some people are very good, other people are very bad and criminals.
People believe in different things, and some of these things are wrong.

It's never good to bully the different.

Soldato
I visit Ukraine a lot and have seen quite a few right wing marches. The police presence is impressive.

Last week we were served by a girl who had White on one thigh and Pride on the other. Mate is half Sri Lankan and wasn't happy. We also went into a chemist in a small town and the girl refused to serve him. I suspect it was that we were foreign rather than his colour but it left a bad taste.

Other than that, never had any issues in 7 years worth of visits.

Permabanned
I visit Ukraine a lot and have seen quite a few right wing marches. The police presence is impressive.

Last week we were served by a girl who had White on one thigh and Pride on the other. Mate is half Sri Lankan and wasn't happy. We also went into a chemist in a small town and the girl refused to serve him. I suspect it was that we were foreign rather than his colour but it left a bad taste.

Other than that, never had any issues in 7 years worth of visits.

I have seen similar case but with a German guy to me. The guy who was supposed to be a friend told me to leave because I am not a fan of Bayern Munich. lol

Back
Top Bottom