Paedophile hunters

Soldato
Vigilantism that turns into harassment should be a chargeable offence, far too many stories about entrapment and false positives to let it continue, what next they start roaming gang patrols?

**** them, they're getting in the way and it can only get worse, anyone supporting the subversion of due process can also **** off. If you won't support more taxation for more Police, you can't then just turn that around to say that random people can just do the police's job for them.

What they're getting in the way of is adults grooming minors, they aren't getting in the way of due process because there would otherwise be no process going on, they're collating evidence and finding the individuals then filming them until Police arrive. You're trying to make out as if these groups are doing something they aren't, I've watched quite a few of these videos when they've popped up on Facebook (I don't actively follow any groups) and they basically just film the blok for 10 minutes until the Police arrive, they tend to ask them why they did it and why they thought it was okay. They aren't being dragged into the streets and lynched which is what you're trying to imply.

That sounds like entrapment. I mean how can they pretend to be 19 then right before the meet after baiting them and teasing them along for ages then say they are 15. I suppose he agreed to turn up to the meet which is wrong but even still but that just seems the wrong way to do it IMO. The guy was told one thing then right before he turns up was told another.

You're saying it was entrapment even after he was found guilty in court, do you not think the court considered all the evidence when finding him guilty? Clearly there's more to it than what the OP said

Last edited:
Soldato
That sounds like entrapment. I mean how can they pretend to be 19 then right before the meet after baiting them and teasing them along for ages then say they are 15. I suppose he agreed to turn up to the meet which is wrong but even still but that just seems the wrong way to do it IMO. The guy was told one thing then right before he turns up was told another.
wasn't "right before" at all, according to the post. guy was a scumbag who continued trying it on w/ someone he knew was under-age. the girl should have been done too, for baiting.

Soldato

These self-proclaimed 'hunters' are a bit of a double edged sword I feel - on one hand, it's great to have nonces being caught, but on the other hand - you get something like this happening.

From the videos I have seen when on FB years ago, through to documentaries and footage on YT - 95% of these groups seem to be comprised of the same type of folk - I'll round them all up under the term Jim Davidson coined - the Underclass. Not a brain cell between them, yet they see this work as their calling and go about their stings with the finesse of someone trying to do a delicate marble sculpture with a jack hammer!

The flip-side of the coin, is that through their entrapment, the CPS might be able to argue that they have not had a right to a fair trial - certainly with all the live streaming they do. Meaning that the innocent are then permanently marked, and the guilty may walk free. One copper once said that through their actions, they may end up undoing, what it was they were trying to achieve - then the Police end up being the bad folks as they cannot make a conviction.

If only they would forego the ego boost they so crave, and simply bundle up all their info and give it to the Police - but these knuckle-draggers would rather arrive en masse, and make a huge spectacle out of their sting; pretty sure there have been a few beatings off the back of them being unable to control passers -by too.

It seems that with the end of Jeremy Kyle, these types need a new outlet.

Soldato
I don't know how you jump to that conclusion. I always thought it was racists, far right, unionists trying to catch muslims mainly but they also happen to catch a few of their own now and again as well as other races.

But they are just words to describe human division. People divide then label themselves this or that to put up barriers and try and protect they're fragile image from becoming anymore damaged.

I meant at the human level. These vigilantes are not good people so what's in it for them, why should they care.

It's like there atoning for there own sins by outing these people, they think they'll be righteous in the eyes of society by doing what they're are doing but behind the scenes they're probably fantasising about sex or even rape with minors themselves.

It's hypocrisy.

Soldato
But they are just words to describe human division. People divide then label themselves this or that to put up barriers and try and protect they're fragile image from becoming anymore damaged.

I meant at the human level. These vigilantes are not good people so what's in it for them, why should they care.

It's like there atoning for there own sins by outing these people, they think they'll be righteous in the eyes of society by doing what they're are doing but behind the scenes they're probably fantasising about sex or even rape with minors themselves.

It's hypocrisy.

Yeah they're probably EDL supporters as well, I mean they're white working class with regional accents. What scum bags.

Caporegime
Their legal rights aren't being affected, they aren't being imprisoned or punished. These videos though I'm sure generate revenue so the groups can continue to operate. The Police clearly don't have the resources to have groups of Officers dedicated to doing this sort of stuff, it's not an ideal situation, but the alternative is to just have predators operating freely with no risk.
So much ignorance and misunderstanding in one tiny post.

Legal rights: Defamation of character, slander, libel, and I'm sure there's some violation of privacy too. False allegations are a crime, too.

The police do have groups dedicated to investigating child predators. What a truly bizarrely ignorant thing to say. Especially with that false dichotomy you've pulled out yer backside.

Soldato
So much ignorance and misunderstanding in one tiny post.

Legal rights: Defamation of character, slander, libel, and I'm sure there's some violation of privacy too. False allegations are a crime, too.

The police do have groups dedicated to investigating child predators. What a truly bizarrely ignorant thing to say. Especially with that false dichotomy you've pulled out yer backside.

Well I guess when those gentlemen are found innocent they'll be free to privately prosecute the paedophile hunters for those civil offences.

- 403 people were prosecuted in 2018 for attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming
- 252 of those cases involved evidence gathered by paedophile hunting groups.
The Police groups can't be doing an awful lot on their own if 62.5% of their prosecutions involved evidence gathered by Paedophile hunting groups, you'd expect a group of Police to be doing more like 90% of the work, wouldn't you?

Soldato
OP
If only they would forego the ego boost they so crave, and simply bundle up all their info and give it to the Police - but these knuckle-draggers would rather arrive en masse, and make a huge spectacle out of their sting; pretty sure there have been a few beatings off the back of them being unable to control passers -by too.

And this is the crux of the matter.

It would be a different matter entirely, if we had competent individuals who are calm and secretive, simply putting together a dossier of information to hand to the police, more like a private investigator might do with a client, then they leave it to the police to deal with. At no point are they actually getting involved with the individuals - merely observing, recording and verifying, all the time staying at arms length.

But the reality is seems to be far from that, instead it seems to be a toxic concoction of 'self righteous' thugs who simply want to give someone a good bashing, whilst wearing some home-printed T-shirts with 'Tony's Nonce bashers LTD' on the front, and when it's all over - get down the pub and have a skinful.

Soldato
Well I guess when those gentlemen are found innocent they'll be free to privately prosecute the paedophile hunters for those civil offences.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/33139052/

Yes indeed, lets have a prosecution. After all this is what ressurected this thread, degenerate behaviour by vigilantes which is passed off as ok by people who find it acceptable for crimes to be commited against suspected child abusers.

They are not responsible organisations and will just as eagerly commit the same crimes against wrongly accused persons as demonstrated.

Soldato
The Police groups can't be doing an awful lot on their own if 62.5% of their prosecutions involved evidence gathered by Paedophile hunting groups, you'd expect a group of Police to be doing more like 90% of the work, wouldn't you?

But as already explained, these vigilante groups don't have to operate within the confines of the same legal framework as the police do. All the groups do is provide a copy of the chat logs, they're not conducting any kind of actual investigation and don't have to concern themselves with things like RIPA.

Associate
Police need to get evidence and collect it over months or years, while knowing whats going on and letting it continue, so they are far from perfect too.

Therell never be a perfect solution

Soldato
I don't know if anyone here goes in to chat rooms. But if you change your nickname to a female one, within seconds you'll be bombarded with messages.

There are a lot of horndogs out there who probably don't care if the female is breathing, they will keep messaging. It's sick really.

Back
Top Bottom