Signs the World is Broken

Soldato
I've been embroiled in a Facebook argument for nearly a week with an old school friend. He believes the world is flat and doesn't believe in gravity.

Soldato
Why does it matter? Honestly, tell me. Want to keep your bloodline pure and supreme or something?

Everyone will end up beige, dont you watch southpark? #chickensandwich

It's less about skin colour and more about culture. People and culture are intertwined, if you like your own culture you want to protect it and preserve it for your children. Up until 5 years ago this was a given, now it's being deemed as offensive by some. Luckily a lot of countries still understand this.

Norwegians, Nigerians and Nicaraguans should have the right to preserve their identity and heritage. The wold will be a boring place if everyone bases their culture around shopping.

Last edited:
Soldato
Follow the curve - does he say this a lot?
No his big argument is how does water stay on a ball. I tried to explain gravity and then he told me he doesn't believe in that either. I mean, I just didn't know where to go with it. How do you undo things we've known since ancient Greece?!

Associate
The decline of conversation and human interaction. Mainly driven as a result of all and sundry spending most of the waking hour on their phones.

Put it down and take a look around you. There’s a whole world out there going on around you. And you are oblivious to it.

Man of Honour
There's nothing wrong with agreeing with something put forward by somebody who you usually disagree with.
You should be able to split opinions into individual topics rather than lump them under a category of "Pies Morgan said it so it must be wrong"
Some things I agree with Morgan on, others I don't. You have to remember that he is paid to be a provocateur, and will therefore usually polarise a debate by to taking a more sensationalist/extreme stand, one way or another.

Caporegime
There's nothing wrong with agreeing with something put forward by somebody who you usually disagree with.
You should be able to split opinions into individual topics rather than lump them under a category of "Pies Morgan said it so it must be wrong"
Some things I agree with Morgan on, others I don't. You have to remember that he is paid to be a provocateur, and will therefore usually polarise a debate by to taking a more sensationalist/extreme stand, one way or another.
Yep, I agreed with Piers today when he said how utterly ridiculous the person on GMB was who was calling for jazz hands instead of clapping :rolleyes:

Soldato
Piers Morgan is just a tabloid agitator. He'd even punch himself in the face if he thought it would be divisive.

Associate
I'm surprised South Park, Family Guy and American Dad still on TV.
Not long ago comedy was comedy, simple as that.
Now every loser wants to get vocal on one of their 50 social media and seek for some attention.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
if you like your own culture you want to protect it and preserve it for your children. Up until 5 years ago this was a given, now it's being deemed as offensive by some
Expanding via integrating with new cultures is how every culture is made and grown...

Where have you seen offence being taken at part of a culture? I guess some instances against certain aspects of Islamic culture are deemed offensive by non practitioners to a degree.
The decline of conversation and human interaction. Mainly driven as a result of all and sundry spending most of the waking hour on their phones.

Put it down and take a look around you.
I hate to tell you where the world is going... imagine when their software is integrated within biotech and access is realtime, not via a screen or keyboard, but thought and visualised...

Man of Honour
We sadly live in a time where someone has to be offended by something. My advice ? Be offended. Nothing happens.

It's a power play, a political tactic, a form of bullying. It has nothing to do with being offended. Saying "I'm offended" just means "I am a superior group identity to you or claiming to champion one and you must obey me and be punished to demonstrate my superiority". That's why weaponised "offence" is always about group identities rather than people and why the effect of using that weapon depends on the relative statuses of the group identities involved.

As for the world, it's always been broken. Or, more accurately, human society has always been broken. The world itself carries on regardless.

Back
Top Bottom