Paedophile hunters

Associate
I don't know if anyone here goes in to chat rooms. But if you change your nickname to a female one, within seconds you'll be bombarded with messages.

There are a lot of horndogs out there who probably don't care if the female is breathing, they will keep messaging. It's sick really.

Animals too, i was once nutty the squirrel in ICQ and mIRC and nearly got a sugar daddy

Soldato
I don't know if anyone here goes in to chat rooms. But if you change your nickname to a female one, within seconds you'll be bombarded with messages.

There are a lot of horndogs out there who probably don't care if the female is breathing, they will keep messaging. It's sick really.

You dropped your guard there Chloe.

Did some chat rooms back in early 00's. It was all asl? What a waste of time.

Soldato
The pedo hunter groups all over Facebook etc wouldn't even know how to catch a real pedo. They just entrap sad perverts via Whatsapp with their 13yo decoy but the perverts they chat to have never, and probably will never ever chat to, meet up, or go out looking for a 13yo to have sex with in real life. They only get chatting to the decoy because it was put under their nose.

Caporegime
Police need to get evidence and collect it over months or years, while knowing whats going on and letting it continue, so they are far from perfect too.

Therell never be a perfect solution

Uhh no... that is not how it works, plus the police aren't allowed to just entrap people illegally.

Associate
Id
Uhh no... that is not how it works, plus the police aren't allowed to just entrap people illegally.
Genuinelly like to know what the police process "really" is. Any programs like watchdog or bbc etc that follow gangs getting busted , (and slave trade), show footage and acknowledement from dectectives that they know the suspects (for months), where they live, who the victims are, where they go etc but wait to collect more evidence so the top dogs can also get caught

Soldato

That reminds me of when i was trying out that thing on the playstation, where you can make an avatar and walk around and see other playstation users. I tried it when it first came out to see what it was all about and made a female character, walked out of my apartment and was immediately set upon by like 20 dudes :eek:. Never again! #MeToo

Soldato
But as already explained, these vigilante groups don't have to operate within the confines of the same legal framework as the police do. All the groups do is provide a copy of the chat logs, they're not conducting any kind of actual investigation and don't have to concern themselves with things like RIPA.

Well I guess when those gentlemen are found innocent they'll be free to privately prosecute the paedophile hunters for those civil offences.

The Police groups can't be doing an awful lot on their own if 62.5% of their prosecutions involved evidence gathered by Paedophile hunting groups, you'd expect a group of Police to be doing more like 90% of the work, wouldn't you?

Funding play's a massive part as well.

You've got hundreds of people doing this without pay, volunteering to do this kind of work, yet the police do it within limited budgets.

As I said previously, the hunter groups should volunteer but work with the police and with police guidance. Having an officer overseeing several investigations where volunteers do the leg work would be the best outcome. But then the hunters wouldn't get their fame.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I am in two minds about these shows ie the likes of Stinson Hunter and The Hunted One etc.

On one note I am glad that these paedos or wannabe paedos are getting 'outed' and caught, and of all the ones I have seen over the years (youtube etc), the evidence seems concrete in establishing that these individuals are a danger to children.

However I always feel slightly uncomfortable in watching a man experience his life collapsing in front of him, especially when there are his loved ones (i.e wife or kids) about. Capturing the guys and confronting them is one thing, but glorifying the detonation of his way of life for 'likes' and 'subs' is another.

This is one I found unsettling to watch :

Gather the evidence, confront them, call the police and get the arrest done. To showcase it on youtube though?

I suppose the argument against this is that embarrassing and socially destroying one of these guys is a necessary consequence in deterring any other wannabe paedos.

However the guy in the above video, whatever happened to him, whatever time he serves in jail, how can he ever return to a normal life again without this dragging behind him? A criminal record is a necessary thing, but to not allow this guy to function normally in society again?

This is another argument altogether and based around our view as the public on if a 'reformed' paedophile who has served his jail sentence deserves another chance at life.

Tough question.

That video highlights the possible risks involved with vigilantism of that nature. The suspect will be under extreme stress of the situation and fight or flight response will ultimately mean one day one of these vigilantes will suffer a consequence of their actions.

The guy in that video could have quite easily shoved the guys into the river, pulled out a weapon and attacked and then run off with the camera/phone etc. Why risk all that when they could just submit the chats and stuff to the police and let them deal with it.

Given all the needless shootings going on in the USA, I'm surprised one of those guys over there have not yet pulled out a firearm yet.

Soldato
That video highlights the possible risks involved with vigilantism of that nature. The suspect will be under extreme stress of the situation and fight or flight response will ultimately mean one day one of these vigilantes will suffer a consequence of their actions.

There have already been incidents. One group got attacked by a guy with a hammer. Like you say, it's only a matter of time before something much worse happens. I also saw one where it was this big Russian guy and they were scared of him and just let him go lol. They're only tough when it's some weedy guy.

I only found out about this from a thread on here and watched a few out of curiosity and have to admit they are entertaining, in the same way the Catch a predator show was. Its great when they catch a really scummy one that has been talking to what he thought were kids and saying vile stuff and you see their life get ruined. Just like they would have ruined the kids lives, if it had been a kid they were talking to.

So on the one hand its great that these scumbags get outed and everyone knows what they are, rather than it being kept quiet and their neighbours have no idea they live next to a predator. On the other hand, the lives of their family are put in danger and they have to also live with the shame they have brought to the family. I think this mistaken identity really highlights why it should be stopped though.

Soldato
To Catch a Predator is comedy gold, I love watching the old episodes on Youtube. Slightly disturbing how many people on here feel sorry for the men being exposed, try growing a pair, they deserve to have their life ruined.

Associate
Id

Genuinelly like to know what the police process "really" is. Any programs like watchdog or bbc etc that follow gangs getting busted , (and slave trade), show footage and acknowledement from dectectives that they know the suspects (for months), where they live, who the victims are, where they go etc but wait to collect more evidence so the top dogs can also get caught

Theres a big difference between human trafficking operations and general grooming. Most trafficking jobs will begin with one complaint from a victim and quickly spiral as the web unravels. They won't wait to intercept if somebody is actively being abused just to gather evidence as they have to stop any immediate or imminant crimes taking place.

There are online UCs who are working to catch those trying groom children, unfortunately they can only really concentrate on those who are after really young children as there is literally 100s of 1000s of men online in the UK who would happily have sex with a 13/14 year old if they thought they could get away with it.

A majority of routine police work around online grooming is from reporting from parents, schools etc, and at the moment there is too much to deal with. The resources needed for one case alone with ever more complex phones available is problematic.

And paedo hunter groups....great in principle but they are often just after the buzz of confronting the person and plastering it over Facebook, leaving the police and CPS with the mess of trying to convict on an often tainted chain of evidence

Last edited:
Caporegime
To Catch a Predator is comedy gold, I love watching the old episodes on Youtube. Slightly disturbing how many people on here feel sorry for the men being exposed, try growing a pair, they deserve to have their life ruined.

That show is awesome:

also - WTF:
(it is censored but probs best not to open at work)
9Lu9AZU.png

here is a complete capture from a more recent one - the guy was dumb enough to think he'd gotten away with it and went to walk out then got arrested - they even show his trip in the cop car and police interview:

Some better quality compilations:

3:54 on the below one- they catch a guy that was only recently in court after already being caught on a previous sting by the same TV program FFS!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom