Alienware AW3420DW & AW2720HF

Associate
I have just purchased the monitorm I contacted Dell and I was able to get a pretty good deal, firstly I asked for a price match to the well known market place website who had it listed but not in stock, they went a step further and gave me a great quote for 3 years basic support with advanced exchange, I got them to step up to 5 years basic support with advanced exchange for a little more and it still came in under the other website price.

I feel good about it, its nice to know I can return it if I have to and I dont have to pay for that. He finished the phone call by saying "if you have any friends who want to buy this monitor he can help just to give them his dell details" :)

I am actually looking at this monitor right now and I am thinking of getting it over the LG. I think I will give them a call tomorrow because the warranty is just so much better than LG.

Associate
I am actually looking at this monitor right now and I am thinking of getting it over the LG. I think I will give them a call tomorrow because the warranty is just so much better than LG.[/QU

That is actually why I chose this monitor over the LG, a lot of people I know under estimate the service part of buying anything but I have always invested a bit more in the service to make sure I am supported if it goes wrong. I know I have rights when I purchase something but the dell after service is nice to lean on.

Associate
That is actually why I chose this monitor over the LG, a lot of people I know under estimate the service part of buying anything but I have always invested a bit more in the service to make sure I am supported if it goes wrong. I know I have rights when I purchase something but the dell after service is nice to lean on.

Bought the AW this morning. Got a slightly discounted price with an extra 2 years warranty added on. Basically, got 5 years on it now. I could have got the LG for cheaper but 3 years less warranty and more hassle from what I hear.

Associate
Mine is being delivered on Monday, I wish it wasn't UPS, they wont let me change it to a drop off until they have attempted to delvier at least once, my wife says she is going to work from home so she can take delviery. I wish they would use DPD they are so much better. Good luck on your panel, when did they say it would be delivered?

Associate
I just finsihed building a PC last week end and I realised my current monitor was not going to cut it. I put an i9 9900k and a 2070 super oc, the GPU was good bang for the buck. The monitor I have right now is running max on every game I chuck at it, its an Acer XB 270H 144hz GSync monitor but it's 1080p.

https://i.ibb.co/LxdLWJW/20191103-151339.jpg

Associate
I looked at the 2080s too but the price step is just not worth it for me, I was thinking of what you suggested, upgrading in a couple of years. The 2070 super is running very niceley atm.

Associate
@Baddass any chance of a TFTCentral review of this now that it's available in the UK? Specifically wondering about any notable pros/cons of the panel vs the LG34GK950F apart from the better AW warranty and customer support.

Man of Honour
@Baddass any chance of a TFTCentral review of this now that it's available in the UK? Specifically wondering about any notable pros/cons of the panel vs the LG34GK950F apart from the better AW warranty and customer support.
I am hoping to get hold of one for review although Dell UK PR haven’t been the most helpful so far. Will continue to chase

Associate
Just ordered the AW3420DW for £998, with 5 year extended advanced exchange warranty from Dell. I think the extra £99 vs the LG 34GK950F is absolutely worth it for the exact same panel - I know the AW is only 120Hz vs 144Hz, but with the sheer amount of posts about the monitors failing, crapping out or otherwise being a mess I just don't think it's worth risking almost a grand on the LG with a crappy 1 year warranty.

I think the LG 38GL950G doesn't justify the pricetag currently (not that it's even out in Europe). If it had HDR1000 then maybe. The only other school of thought is the LG OLEDs which to be fair do look very attractive, but 55" is just too big to put on most people's desks, and you'll need to buy a new graphics card when HDMI 2.1 comes out, and then on top of all that you have to constantly adjust your PC usage to avoid burn-in. I think a better option for lounge gamers possibly.

Will review the monitor on arrival Tuesday :)

Associate
For anyone that has bought this monitor how is it? Looking at one of these now myself.

Ordered the LG 34GK950F 34" now, Hope I have made the right choice.

Last edited:
Associate
I really hope you enjoy the monitor as much as I have been, my wife even thinks "it suits the lounge better than the 27" monitor I had before" because of the form factor. I have never had a monitor like this and I could never go back to a normal monitor now.

Associate
Hi,
Just for info. I ordered the AW3420DW direct from Dell last night (05/12/19) at price £984.80 including delivery on Monday 9th. This is with the 3year warranty. Fingers crossed!

Man of Honour
Hi,
Just for info. I ordered the AW3420DW direct from Dell last night (05/12/19) at price £984.80 including delivery on Monday 9th. This is with the 3year warranty. Fingers crossed!
A number of us now have this monitor including me. No regrets so far. It's lovely.

Associate
Djay I have had mine for a while now and it's a very good monitor, I have not had better. I have no issues with the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom