Advice on CEX

Soldato
I doubt they will hand over £1000 cash, how much cash do you think they will have on the premises?

You might get lucky in a busy city centre branch but I doubt an average high street branch.

I've only used CeX for buying older PC parts like RAM and SATA drives.

Soldato
Bought three graphics cards from them and the backplanes were bent to hell and none worked. Never again.

Twice I have bought CPU's from Cex and neither of them worked properly. Crashes a few minutes into Windows...what was the chances of that happening!??!?! Only from them.....lol.

Associate
Why is everyone so afraid of carrying about cash? I don't do it often but have carried upwards of 5k in cash on me, on public transport, walking through towns, and even left it in my car?

Unless you are flashing it about, or shouting out about carrying it, just been discrete, and you will be at no more or less risk of being mugged than any other time :D
This. a company i used to work for would take 20k+ a day and once or twice a week i'd have to walk from one end of our town to the other with the cash to go to the bank for my boss not once did i get mugged lol unless you're shouting about it no one will have a clue
also fun fact our town bank would sometimes ring my boss and ask if he's making a deposit as they have a large cash transfer to do for a customer and wanted to use his cash instead of transferring from another bank:D:D:D

Caporegime
Twice I have bought CPU's from Cex and neither of them worked properly. Crashes a few minutes into Windows...what was the chances of that happening!??!?! Only from them.....lol.
Almost as if people are trading in known faulty graphics cards knowing they won’t be tested?!

Soldato
So as I stated above, I use them a lot for selling only. I always send off to their central address. I sent them my old iPhone 7, or so I thought. They replied back saying there was an issue and I should log in. Turns out i sent them an iPhone 8!

My options were a revised, higher figure or return it.

I was quite surprised they were so honest!

Soldato
So as I stated above, I use them a lot for selling only. I always send off to their central address. I sent them my old iPhone 7, or so I thought. They replied back saying there was an issue and I should log in. Turns out i sent them an iPhone 8!

The price difference between the two phones is less than the cost of you hopping online and slating them. They'll make their profit anyway.

Soldato

You didn't know what phone you had??? .....

Soldato
Almost as if people are trading in known faulty graphics cards knowing they won’t be tested?!

Same with gamepads bought a nice looking one there once only once i got it realised that the left controller constantly stuck in a down position and not something obvious from just looking at it so could see why they traded it in.

Rather than return it since I only ever used the left controller I got the soldering iron out and swapped it for the perfectly working right one got years of use out of it lol.

Soldato
I have only ever purchased a few original Xbox games from CEX. I have sold them a fair few things and not had any issues either online sending it to them or my local store. I always use bank transfer and just make sure I hang on to any receipts or emails until the money is in but not had an issue either way..

Transmission breaker
Don
Errrm.....
You buy a phone, or sign a contract, you get told what iPhone you have.
It tells you in the settings...
It has its model number printed on the back. And on the box.

Imo, need to be quite special to not know... Lol

I have never purchase or chosen an iPhone, the nastiness is foisted upon me by work.
They are all so similar, I never know what model I have.

I think I went from a 6 to 6s to a 7? Not entirely sure, but they were, to the eye, identical and I have no idea why they bothered with the upgrade! Maybe they were slightly quicker if I had to compare them side by side, but that was it!

Soldato
I have never purchase or chosen an iPhone, the nastiness is foisted upon me by work.
They are all so similar, I never know what model I have.

I think I went from a 6 to 6s to a 7? Not entirely sure, but they were, to the eye, identical and I have no idea why they bothered with the upgrade! Maybe they were slightly quicker if I had to compare them side by side, but that was it!
That's all well and good.
But if you need to know.. Its in the settings.

Back
Top Bottom