Planet Zoo from Frontier Developments

Associate
Well I think you’re wrong. The depth of building options makes them fun as hell. Planet Coaster is one of my favourite all time games.
I'm with others, Planet Coaster for me would have been perfect if it the management depth of the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Now RCT is in contention for one of my favourite games of all time, definitely top three.

Associate
How are people finding the game? Ive put loads of time into since it released, really enjoy it.
Wish there was a way to integrate your zoo with Planet Coaster though. Would be awesome to build a zoo into your existing theme parks.

Associate
Only managed to play 2 hours due to work but I'm loving it, despite being £15,000 in the hole because the world doesn't want to see some cool Aardvarks... Looking forward to putting a whole day's worth into it on Saturday!

Associate
Definitely seems to be a lot more financial complexity, and the constant changing in weather making the animals unhappy needs a bit of tweaking in my mind too. I mainly played PC in sandbox mode, and I think I'll probably play Planet zoo in that too sooner rather than later. It's more about the creation than management for me.

Soldato
Is the management depth actually there, PC was really lacking and JW was non-existent apart from frequent happiness issues and illness which became irritating. Dont get me wrong I had fun in both but nowhere near as much as RCT etc. I know people from the alpha were saying it's still lacking in this regard but wondering if it improved for release.

Associate
Is the management depth actually there, PC was really lacking and JW was non-existent apart from frequent happiness issues and illness which became irritating. Dont get me wrong I had fun in both but nowhere near as much as RCT etc. I know people from the alpha were saying it's still lacking in this regard but wondering if it improved for release.

Also very interested to hear about this. Its really the only thing holding me back from buying the game.

Associate
Interested also, the Jurassic game was complete lackluster for me, I can see effort went in to the Dinos but there was no real management game amongst it all, very limiting.

Soldato
Guys do you think this game would be good for a 12 year old girl who likes playing games like the sims 4 ?

Also will a i7-4770k with a 3GB GTX 780ti be enough to run it ok at 1440p at say med detail settings ?

Associate
Guys do you think this game would be good for a 12 year old girl who likes playing games like the sims 4 ?

Also will a i7-4770k with a 3GB GTX 780ti be enough to run it ok at 1440p at say med detail settings ?
I'd personally say it might struggle at 1440p, but I don't use 1440 so I can't say for certain. Busy zoos can have quite a bit of slow down occasionally, so worth bearing that in mind :)

Last edited:
Soldato

As mentioned, once the zoo gets busy it can bring a system to it's knees. For reference, my wife has a 2070 Super, 8700k (at stock, no OC) with 32gb ram. At 1440p it runs fine at ultra. However, with the spec you mentioned, I'd imagine it's gonna have to sit at low/medium at 1080p to play smoothly.

However, for a young child, I doubt they will really care too much about performance/graphics so you might be good to go.

As for if it would be good for her, absolutely! It's very easy to pickup, super informative and really awesome with all the animal interactions.

Associate
As for if it would be good for her, absolutely! It's very easy to pickup, super informative and really awesome with all the animal interactions
Agree fully with this, I think it's a solid game for all age groups. It's just so relaxing once you get the initial zoo set up. If she's more into the creative side rather than management, sandbox mode is fantastic on it and gives you many items to create with.

Soldato
So it's been out a while, what's peoples thoughts on this? I'm playing JWE which I got from Humble and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking of buying this while it's on sale on Humble, I can get the Deluxe Edition for a little over £25. I love the thought of animals, which I feel is why I'm enjoying JWE.

I haven't really got into Planet Coaster or Cities Skyline but I'm not sure if that's just because of the theme of the games. So how are you guys finding this? Also regarding DLC, is the DLC unlocked right away or do you still need to work towards unlocking them?

Caporegime
So it's been out a while, what's peoples thoughts on this? I'm playing JWE which I got from Humble and I'm really enjoying it. I'm thinking of buying this while it's on sale on Humble, I can get the Deluxe Edition for a little over £25. I love the thought of animals, which I feel is why I'm enjoying JWE.

I haven't really got into Planet Coaster or Cities Skyline but I'm not sure if that's just because of the theme of the games. So how are you guys finding this? Also regarding DLC, is the DLC unlocked right away or do you still need to work towards unlocking them?
I’m gonna try and get back into it. I bought it on release but decided to leave it alone for a few months as it was incredibly buggy. Hopefully been sorted now. I actually found this game tougher to start with than PC. It’s more complex. Building animal exhibits is a lot harder than building a coaster or plonking rides down.

There’s some great stuff on the workshop though to get you started. Some really talented people have contributed.

Soldato
@robfosters I ended up buying it tonight. Just doing the first tutorial but man this game looks great. I've encountered an issue with the camera though, sometimes it will just continue in one direction and pressing a direction on KB doesn't always solve the issue. Little frustrating and I see some posts on Steam forums about the same issue from 2019! How come this not have been fixed yet...

Back
Top Bottom