• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Associate
That was with 2 cores running at 4.675 Ghz
I did try 4.7 Ghz but PC reboots as soon as Cinebench load applied which to me shouts MOAH VOLTS!

However I believe I will leave it here or at least until i can maybe force it faster without more volts as above is at 1.53V and I feel thats enough as I dont really want to fry it especially with lack of stock and increased costs.
That said though mine was original batch and cost but I see people with newer samples seem to be hitting higher clocks at standard than mine can achieve.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah. I don't want to give mine any more than 1.475v. Not worth it for a 1 point. I may run it again once I get my new RAM and tighten timings etc, but I am unsure what difference that would make.

Caporegime
OP
He must be very happy now :p

He should not get too comfortable there though. I'll be back ;)

:D

Do you not think that desktop (9900k, 3900X etc) should have a separate table to HEDT stuff like TR?

TBH i have worried about this, more than just HEDT... at least on the MT, once the 3950X gets here its just going to be a wall of of Ryzen on the MT table, i don't want this to become "The Ryzen Benchmark Thread", much like some of the Threads in the GPU room are just a wall of green.

At the same time i don't want to overcomplicate the thread, so i don't know what to do, i'm open to suggestions :)

Caporegime
OP
I have my old Ryzen 1600 result on post #2 https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32563321/ that i could purpose for something, i'm thinking maybe a separate HEDT and a top 10 MT by core count, 4 core, 6 core, 8 core, 10 core when Intel pull their finger out of their arse, 12 core and 16 core.... not thread count given AMD don't do 6c 6t or 8c 8t, and i'm not doing +10 tables for them, if you can't get in the top 10 you don't get on the board, its just too much to put in a post.

What do you guys think?

Caporegime
OP
I don’t know really. Don’t mind it the way it is. But let’s see what others say.
I'm keeping the main MT and ST tables as they are, tho i would probably remove the HEDT chips and put them in a HEDT table.

The highest Intel none HEDT is already rank #30, everything else is 3900X and HEDT. Think what will happen when the 3950X arrives, Intel's 10 core will not worry the 3900X, the slowest of which scores 7151, the fastest 9900K scores 5784, add 20% cores to that you get 6940. The 3950X will score around 10.5K, about the same as a 4.7Ghz 10980XE given they are the same Skylake-X as the 7980XE, it only takes another 20 3900X or 3950X (which will come) to push Intel out of the main table completely.

Same goes for the 6 and 8 core Ryzen chips, if people already know they have no chance of getting on the table why would they even bother? and it does just become a Ryzen 3900X / 3950X benchmark thread. And then there's the 24 and 32 core Threadripper 3 monsters, Robfosters is right they really shouldn't be in the main table.

So my thinking is to create more tables where people can compete with their core count and HEDT peers. But keep the main table, without HEDT.

Edit: 8 + 2 is 25% not 20%, point still stands Intel 10 core at its best can only really nibble at the bottom run 3900X's.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@Shac Sorry mate, you are going to have to pump some more volts into your chip :p

@humbug 10th spot is mine again :D

Lol.jpg

Associate
Not pumping more volts after all your still only sharing top Ryzen score :)
After all you still have .55V spare over me and can already run 3 cores at that setting to my 2.

Cant get away from the fact you have a better quality CCX.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not pumping more volts after all your still only sharing top Ryzen score :)
After all you still have .55V spare over me and can already run 3 cores at that setting to my 2.

Cant get away from the fact you have a better quality CCX.
All I know is I am 10th, you are 11th ;)

I can't help but think you will be back in the near future with a higher score. Either that or a story saying how you fried your CPU trying :p

Back
Top Bottom