iPhone X keeps restarting.

Soldato
Hello,

For a while it seems my GF's iPhone has been going oddly slow, anyway today it's started randomly restarting, sometimes just the apple logo comes up and then it turns off and repeat.

When it does get onto the home screen, frantically trying to get to settings to do a reset, it just resets, I've even tried plugging it into computer and no luck?

She's had it just under 2 years, coming to the end of the contract and hasn't got phone insurance.

Is this sort of thing something that will likely need to be dealt with at the Apple store? Or anyone know of a fix?

If it does need something doing in the Apple store, any ideas how much it'll cost or if it's covered by some sort of warranty?

Hoping it's not too expensive or doesn't cost at all to be honest!

Cheers.

Soldato
Take it to the apple store. They may fix it for you there and then.

No harm in trying

He mentioned the phone was on contract, which means the Apple store will direct him to the contract provider, who will naturally deny any liability whatsoever.

Commissario
He mentioned the phone was on contract, which means the Apple store will direct him to the contract provider, who will naturally deny any liability whatsoever.
No they won't. Apple provide the warranty on their hardware.

/edit - Wait, it's over a year old. That means that unless he's bought AppleCare+ then it's not covered by Apple's warranty. They'll still fix it but will charge for it.

Soldato
OP
She's going to take it to Apple, she's eligible for an early upgrade no fee on Vodaphone so she's likely to do that if Apple are going to charge an arm and a leg.

I was up till 2 trying everything, it just wouldn't get working, think it's ragged.

Soldato
She's going to take it to Apple, she's eligible for an early upgrade no fee on Vodaphone so she's likely to do that if Apple are going to charge an arm and a leg.

Those phones still recycle for over 300 notes, so might be worth fixing and selling anyway, even if the repair is 200+

Back
Top Bottom