US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
@chroniclard
Its the same race as Yoda so probably does not need training as Yoda was a grand master ? Self taught? Cant remember if Yoda had a teacher - maybe if I googled

Very happy with this western so far, but seriously - who's dumb idea was it to keep them to 30 minutes in length? What - they thought viewers would get bored and turn away from their computers?

38 minutes was the first episode and thats average for a US show so nothing new which has 21 minutes of adverts. ie 7 x 3 minute ad breaks !

Thought it was brilliant first episode gritty and very original trilogy. Liked the Stormtrooper bodyguards, lack of discipline and rogue like. I think this would benefit from a binge watch though if you had all episodes.

Soldato
I loved that the first 10 minutes of so of Ep2 had virtually no talking, yet was still able to explain visually everything that was going on in an understandable way, a skill seemingly lost on so many modern film companies who fear having "silent" areas in their films.

I still had the same issue from Ep1 of the mouth-puppetry of Tutel Sr being very "muppet"-like (either open or closed rather than being animatronic) but thats still a very minor point in a series I'm very much enjoying.

Soldato
Well loving the show so far and looking forward to the next.

Going by how amazing it looks, it could have been a movie. Can't think of any TV show that's looked this good. A huge amount of love and attention has been put into it.

I can only hope that the Obi Wan series will be as good.

Soldato
I'm going to buck the trend, maybe it was my mindset, but I found it somewhat dull, it seems to be completely built around nods to the fans.
I do think it does seem to come from an actual star wars universe, unlike some more recent trash.
I thought it was ok, but is seemed rather boring, scenes taking a Kubrickesque amount of time to get anywhere.
The droid scene was good. The whole think looks great, very well presented, but that was never a star wars issue.
The music seems totally out of place for most of it, with very poor scoring, and active uplifts to reinforce plot lifts seem drab.

So far, 2 episodes in, bounty hunter has retrieved his prey, and is on his way back. Many, many distractions have occurred, we'll see how ir progresses, my wife called it the MandBORINGian.

Soldato
Having given some thought about a few of the niggly gripes that a few people have had, I suspect that the only real reason to include the hand waving from the little green fellow (lets call him BY), is to remind people that this is star wars and that the force is a thing. Otherwise, it seems to be just a space western, the man with no name.

Soldato
I'm going to buck the trend, maybe it was my mindset, but I found it somewhat dull, it seems to be completely built around nods to the fans.
I do think it does seem to come from an actual star wars universe, unlike some more recent trash.
I thought it was ok, but is seemed rather boring, scenes taking a Kubrickesque amount of time to get anywhere.
The droid scene was good. The whole think looks great, very well presented, but that was never a star wars issue.
The music seems totally out of place for most of it, with very poor scoring, and active uplifts to reinforce plot lifts seem drab.

So far, 2 episodes in, bounty hunter has retrieved his prey, and is on his way back. Many, many distractions have occurred, we'll see how ir progresses, my wife called it the MandBORINGian.

I think I also have to agree - I preferred Episode 1 of War of the Worlds :eek:

Back
Top Bottom