• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
Added HEDT top 20, if you can't get in the top 20 sorry there is no score board for you, its getting too cultured :)

Removed all HEDT out of Mainstream, removed server out of mainstream and made a server 1-5 board.
-------------------

TR3 are monsters!

Updated, please check for mistakes, thank you :)

Soldato
Added HEDT top 20, if you can't get in the top 20 sorry there is no score board for you, its getting too cultured :)

Removed all HEDT out of Mainstream, removed server out of mainstream and made a server 1-5 board.
-------------------

TR3 are monsters!

Updated, please check for mistakes, thank you :)

Not having a go but i disagree with not letting people on the score board if they can't make it into a certain score range. The great thing with big benchmark threads like this is the compiled information gives a diverse range of hardware and gives a realistic view on what they can do. You are now going to stop that from being the case and only allow the top of the top end hardware to be showcased.

Caporegime
OP
Not having a go but i disagree with not letting people on the score board if they can't make it into a certain score range. The great thing with big benchmark threads like this is the compiled information gives a diverse range of hardware and gives a realistic view on what they can do. You are now going to stop that from being the case and only allow the top of the top end hardware to be showcased.

Fine, i'll make a HEDT 20+ board when its called for :)

Soldato
Thanks for the effort in doing this.

AMD really has made an amazing comeback. That IPC is very nice on Zen 2. Can't wait to see how (if) Intel respond properly, good time for CPUs.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

The question is Humbug - are you going to put the 10980xe scores in HEDT or mainstream tables?
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
Thanks for the effort in doing this.

AMD really has made an amazing comeback. That IPC is very nice on Zen 2. Can't wait to see how (if) Intel respond properly, good time for CPUs.

Intel can't respond to this. They proved that by having to cut their prices in half to try and keep some market share.

IMHO what Intel should be doing is "going dark" and by that i don't mean vanishing from the face of the earth but rather not doing much publicly outside of essentials such as maintaining a good customer service team and a social media presence for any questions that arise there. Outside of that they should keep their heads down and get to work for the next few years to try and come up with something. We all know they can do it and have the money to do it but they need to stop doing this disastrous damage control, accept the loss and get on with it.

Maybe they should even skip a launch year or two because all i see them doing is re launching the same chips again that will just further annoy their loyal customers.

i would absolutely love to see IBM come into the mainstream cpu game. That would be ace...

also @amigafan2003 i am curious; what do you do with your system that requires such a beast of a cpu? And was their a reason outside of the eye watering cost that you decided not to go with the 32core?

Caporegime
OP
Intel can't respond to this. They proved that by having to cut their prices in half to try and keep some market share.

IMHO what Intel should be doing is "going dark" and by that i don't mean vanishing from the face of the earth but rather not doing much publicly outside of essentials such as maintaining a good customer service team and a social media presence for any questions that arise there. Outside of that they should keep their heads down and get to work for the next few years to try and come up with something. We all know they can do it and have the money to do it but they need to stop doing this disastrous damage control, accept the loss and get on with it.

Maybe they should even skip a launch year or two because all i see them doing is re launching the same chips again that will just further annoy their loyal customers.

i would absolutely love to see IBM come into the mainstream cpu game. That would be ace...

also @amigafan2003 i am curious; what do you do with your system that requires such a beast of a cpu? And was their a reason outside of the eye watering cost that you decided not to go with the 32core?

Wait until the 48c 96t 3980X and 64c 128t 3990WX land, those things are going to tear a hole in the fabric of space and time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have no issue with the changes personally. I am still in the top 10 for single threaded scores with my little beasty Ryzen 3600 (shame Shac is not in it) :D

Soldato

I am not talking about right now. Intel have more then enough money in the bank to get back into the game and no doubt have quality engineers at their disposal to come up with a solution eventually.

Caporegime
OP
I have no issue with the changes personally. I am still in the top 10 for single threaded scores with my little beasty Ryzen 3600 :D

And you've moved up the MT table, i'm chuffed to bits with my little 3600, great little chip... interesting that we are talking affectionately about out 12 thread CPU's as "little" Its quicker than a 7800K and that's not an old chip.

Anyway, i had to change it, a 2700X could trade blows with most HEDT but Zen 2 and TR3 changed everything.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
And you've moved up the MT table, i'm chuffed to bits with my little 3600, great little chip... interesting that we are talking affectionately about out 12 thread CPU's as "little" Its quicker than a 7800K and that's not an old chip.

Anyway, i had to change it, a 2700X could trade blows with most HEDT but Zen 2 and TR3 changed everything.
You have only done up to 39 on MT, needs to be 50 no? I still don't make the top 50 anyways, but just an observation.

Yeah man. This chip is a beast. Just imagine how good the 4600 will be? Though if I do go for a 4000 series CPU it will be no less than a 4900X as it will be a long term CPU being that it is the last for AM4 platform.

Associate
That was a big jump, you're now #9 :)

Yea still playing around with it, only had it delivered on Saturday so working out whether running stock PBO for better single core or an all core clock for better multi core performance. So many options with this chip with being able to clock up individual cores too :) I have a later BIOS to update yet, some Patch B BIOS on MSI's website. I just hate updating them, its nerve racking lol

Caporegime
OP
I am not talking about right now. Intel have more then enough money in the bank to get back into the game and no doubt have quality engineers at their disposal to come up with a solution eventually.

Intel already have an architecture with 18% higher IPC than Coffeelake, trouble is its quite a large die, relatively, its on 10nm for mobile, rumours are it will eventually end up on 14nm but limited to 8 cores.

The trouble Intel have is Zen 2 its self is already 12% higher IPC than Coffeelake and Zen 3 'due in about 8 months' is an entirely new architecture "with the expected IPC gains that this brings" one of AMD's chief architects words.

AMD themselves are not standing still.

Caporegime
OP
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-zen-3-new-architecture-tick-tock

AMD says the Zen 3 core will be “an entirely new architecture.” That’s according to AMD’s Forest Norrod who’s been telling The Street that Zen 2 “was more of an evolution of the Zen microarchitecture that powers first-gen EPYC CPUs – Zen 3 will be based on a completely new architecture.”

where Norrod suggests that in terms of IPC alone Zen 3 will deliver performance gains over Zen 2 “right in line with what you would expect from an entirely new architecture.”

Soldato
Intel already have an architecture with 18% higher IPC than Coffeelake, trouble is its quite a large die, relatively, its on 10nm for mobile, rumours are it will eventually end up on 14nm but limited to 8 cores.

The trouble Intel have is Zen 2 its self is already 12% higher IPC than Coffeelake and Zen 3 'due in about 8 months' is an entirely new architecture "with the expected IPC gains that this brings" one of AMD's chief architects words.

AMD themselves are not standing still.

Of course AMD are not standing still. However just like AMD pulled this out the bag, I have no doubt that Intel is more then capable once they put their mind to it and resources capable of also producing an awesome product, while not in the near term, most definitely in the medium - longer term. If not and they totally fail and collapse well people can say they told me so :)

But this is a benchmark thread so I will no longer go off topic. As per my inital comment, these new AMD CPU's are great and invigorated the market which is only a good thing IMO and hopefully the competitors response eventually goes in the right direction.

Caporegime
OP
Of course AMD are not standing still. However just like AMD pulled this out the bag, I have no doubt that Intel is more then capable once they put their mind to it and resources capable of also producing an awesome product, while not in the near term, most definitely in the medium - longer term. If not and they totally fail and collapse well people can say they told me so :)

But this is a benchmark thread so I will no longer go off topic. As per my inital comment, these new AMD CPU's are great and invigorated the market which is only a good thing IMO and hopefully the competitors response eventually goes in the right direction.

Meh... its my thread. :D If someone posts a score i'll put it on the board, other than that the replies to this thread server no purpose.

Intel will not fail, they are too big to fail, they can buy their way out of this predicament even if it lasts for years, they already are doing that with cash backs and upgrade buy backs, in the server space they are ponzi scheming, selling CPU's at full price to make the books look good with huge cash backs and buy back later on to entice customers to stick with Intel.

The only problem with that is keeping that up for long enough, the hope its long enough to keep AMD from growing too much because if AMD can stick it out for long enough and still be strong the ponzi scheme will eventually turn around and bite them hard because that cashback and buy back debt eventually catches you up if you cannot shut your competition down.

AMD have to stick it out until that debt starts to show on Intel's books.

The thing is AMD stated from nothing, they are gaining what is still relative to them a huge market share and revenue, because of what they can do with so little AMD have a good chance of riding it out, but Intel will never go, AMD tho can and IMO will chip enough off the old block for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom