• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The Official OCUK Cinebench R20 benchmark Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just felt a disturbance in the force.... Everything ok there @Shac :p

Shac.jpg

Man of Honour
I'm new to AMD, so I have no idea about anything overclocking wise. I've tried PBO, max voltage was 1.36 and max temp is just over 70, although I am down one radiator. Just shy of 14k. But my RAM is only dual channel at present and also only running at 2400 MHz. How do I manually set the RAM to 3600 MHz in Ryzen Master?

Associate
Peronally I set everything in the bios and just use ryzen master to select different profiles for cpu speed, voltage adjustments and different CCX clock speeds.
I know you can do much more but i just prefer to change it in the bios.

@TNA No my cpu is not smoking or melting :)
However I have noticed since updating asrock bios from 2.46? to 2.5 I cannot do a 4.675 run anymore plus my ram has also taken a turn for the worse.
3800 IF was stable on previous bios but get the odd random lockup with 2.5.
Currently can't be asked to experiment changing back too busy with work and now something tells me (Wife) having knocked some cupboards out I have to fabricate a replacement.

Soldato
Threadripper 3960X on air cooling with negative offset core voltage (auto), all stock/auto but with DOCP set for RAM (3600MHz cl16).

eWspdCC.png

The funny thing is, according to Ryzen Master it didn't even use a 'starred'/best core for the single threaded. It just used a random one. Still hit 4.6GHz fairly sustained though. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Threadripper 3960X on air cooling with negative offset core voltage (auto), all stock/auto but with DOCP set for RAM (3600MHz cl16).

eWspdCC.png

The funny thing is, according to Ryzen Master it didn't even use a 'starred'/best core for the single threaded. It just used a random one. Still hit 4.6GHz fairly sustained though. :)
Single core score suggests it was nowhere near 4.6GHz sustained during this run unfortunately.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
3900X Single Core..

Seems to boost to 4625Mhz on 1 core atm, still have some tweaking to do :)

LG7jmIZ.png
That score is not right. Doing a single core just does not work from what I can see as it bounces around between cores on the same ccx. You need to oc the full ccx. If it was 4625mhz and used the same core 100% through the whole bench you would be getting a higher score.

That my working theory anyways.

I would not worry about overclocking a full ccx at the same clock, as the the bench will only ever use a single core at a time anyways.

Last edited:
Associate
That score is not right. Doing a single core just does not work from what I can see as it bounces around between cores on the same ccx. You need to oc the full ccx. If it was 4625mhz and used the same core 100% through the whole bench you would be getting a higher score.

That my working theory anyways.

I would not worry about overclocking a full ccx at the same clock, as the the bench will only ever use a single core at a time anyways.

What i mean is that was the highest clock i saw in HWInfo64, other cores are hitting 4600, 4550,4500 on same chiplet, other chiplet seems like a lot lower. I feel i have a decent chiplet paired with a crap one lol

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Heads up - I've already beaten my score - will play a bit more over the weekend before I post a new one ;)

Back
Top Bottom