How to get vomit out of carpet

Associate
I've just picked up the keys after my tenants left to find two probable vomit stains in the grey carpet. They certainly smell like it...

The cleaner has had a go at it but it's still there. I suspect that their baby puked up a couple of times.

Anyone had any successful experiences getting sick stains and smell out of the carpet easily, without damaging it? I would lovesome advice! Or is it too late?

Thanks!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I use my bissell carpet cleaner, gets anything ot and back to new.

You can hire those rug doctor things from Tesco or morrisons or somewhere though which is probably cheaper.

Associate
OP
Not exactly sure what the cleaner used but it was damp. Heard about Dr Beckmann carpet cleaner. Reckon it'll be good enough?

I'm going to ask the estate agents to bring back the cleaner to try again. It's ultimately the tenants responsibility to have had it cleaned properly before checking out.

Soldato
I bleached mine every few days to get rid of the stink. Kids chucked in same place numerous times.
Actually, I think I've bleached most carpets upstairs lol.

Soldato
https://www.rugdoctor.co.uk/hire/

£25 and you could have all the carpets in your entire house back to new.

Less hassle than dealing with agents and tenants and dodgy deposit schemes etc. , trust me.

Yep, when one of my tenants move out I just go over to B&Q and hire a Rugdoctor. They work really well. Although my last tenant actually just replaced the downstairs carpet for me, he was a great tenant!

Soldato
My daughter took a big chunder over me and the carpet about 6 months ago. We carpet cleaned, scrubbed, sprayed scrubed again. The smell would not go. Eventually 4/5 months on it has stopped humming.

Note our carpets are very thick pile

Soldato
Another plus for the rug doctor. I've currently got one hired out. Never tested it on any real stains as we don't seem to make to great a mess but we get one annually before Christmas as we like a full clean yearly and it's a good time for it.

It did however get rid of some stubborn brick dusk where I forgot to lay down a sheet before drilling.

Soldato
If it's vomit it needs to be an enzymatic cleaner, often you can dilute bio washing powder and use that to dab/blot the carpet. Else, a rug doctor as described will help.

Associate
My daughter took a big chunder over me and the carpet about 6 months ago. We carpet cleaned, scrubbed, sprayed scrubed again. The smell would not go. Eventually 4/5 months on it has stopped humming.

Note our carpets are very thick pile

Hate to break it to you but they probably haven't stopped humming. you have just got used to the smell. invite some friends around that haven't been around for a while see if they can smell it

Back
Top Bottom