Racism, football and politics . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Without this publication, we would not get action like this:

It's possible to deal with racism without letting the media sink their teeth into it and push divisive stories for revenue. Like I've said previously racism in football has likely never not been a problem it's just that in the past there was never a big song and dance made about unsavoury incidents involving 1 person out of 40,000. It seems to have become politicised now with the media almost wanting these sorts of incidents to occur to give them several days worth of stories that only serve to create even more divisiveness.

Any players hearing racist abuse should report it to a steward and the clubs should see to it that any reports to stewards are dealt with, instead we have a situation where referees are being involved, games are being stopped, pundits are talking about it rather than the game of football all to make a big politicised show about it.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This is the most sensible and balanced post in this whole thread, it is indeed a fact that the more you threaten, demean and cajole those with different opinions and behavior the more a large element of your target will rebel and become more entrenched. If you need an example of this one only has to look at "Brexiteers" who have been ridiculed for their alleged mental facilities, education, prejudice and God knows what else.... ;)

I have read countless posts here and elsewhere about President Trump, where he has been described and mocked in terms at least as outrageous as those used against professional footballers, but rarely is there any decrying of these colorful and often obscene references to his appearance. Should I be of a mind to ridicule him on some facet of his appearance, be it his orange hue, his apparently small hands or whatever, no one is likely to turn a hair, but if I were to make similarly offensive remarks about someones hue or physical traits who was of an ethnic minority I might expect severe censure or even a visit from the old Bill. Imagine the launching of a blimp sanctioned by the Mayor of London if it had Spitting Image qualities deriding a person of colour. Life in this respect here in the UK is bizarre and unbalanced.

OK boomer.

Soldato
Ignoring them is what they want. That's why whenever one of them is pulled up for their behaviour, the rest claim that by doing so it only draws more attention and furthers their cause, which is nonsense.
For example, remember how it was claimed that the banning of Milo Yiannopoulos from Twitter by stupid libs would actually make him more famous and influential? That didn't work out at all, it's all just bluster.

Soldato
It's about time they got a grip of the problem, it's long over due.

The pictures of these morons getting carried away at matches often shows youngsters around them in the crowd. It can't be a healthy influence on them.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It's possible to deal with racism without letting the media sink their teeth into it and push divisive stories for revenue. Like I've said previously racism in football has likely never not been a problem it's just that in the past there was never a big song and dance made about unsavoury incidents involving 1 person out of 40,000. It seems to have become politicised now with the media almost wanting these sorts of incidents to occur to give them several days worth of stories that only serve to create even more divisiveness.

Any players hearing racist abuse should report it to a steward and the clubs should see to it that any reports to stewards are dealt with, instead we have a situation where referees are being involved, games are being stopped, pundits are talking about it rather than the game of football all to make a big politicised show about it.
Two things

1 - is there a better way to educate the masses on current affairs than via the media?

2 - do you not think it is worthy of "song and dance"?

Soldato
You've twice name called in the recent thread. Makes no sense considering your position...

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

That's what all the monsters say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom