• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I think everyone is pretty much expecting a repeat performance - initial reveal in February (possibly with the console itself on show because CEO admitted that only showing the DualShock 4 and not the console was a mistake in 2013), more games at E3 and launch November.

2020 is going to be a good year, I think. Lots of things to pass the time like Snooker Worlds, Euro 2020 and Tokyo Olympics (if you're an armchair sports fan).

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I think everyone is pretty much expecting a repeat performance - initial reveal in February (possibly with the console itself on show because CEO admitted that only showing the DualShock 4 and not the console was a mistake in 2013), more games at E3 and launch November.

2020 is going to be a good year, I think. Lots of things to pass the time like Snooker Worlds, Euro 2020 and Tokyo Olympics (if you're an armchair sports fan).

Yep! The Olympics' years are usually good for sports, as they have all the usual yearly sports events and then you throw in the euro's just before with a good old mixture of others like Tennis as well

Soldato
Daley Thompson's Decathlon needs a remake. Lets see how this generation like ruining their controllers the way we ruined our N, M and Space keys on the Spectrum.

haha, there was an olympics game of some description on the PS2 (I think), that you could 'cheat', by using a pen to quickly rub to and fro over the X and Square buttons. That used to screw em good too :p

Associate
Funny how no-one leaked the dev-kit for the Series X (Scarlett) but did on PS5. PS5 is sure to look nothing like the DevKit. I would be very surprised if it is not in a similar guise to the Series X for cooling performance.

Series X is targeting cooling performance for 12tf's of GPU power with the same noise levels as current One X so a traditional 'console' design seems like a bad idea unless they can have some form of ultra high performance gaming laptop style cooling in the PS5 which even so, would still sound like a jet engine.

Shawrey

Associate
Since the Xbox series X has been revealed (the looks nd some details anyway), my froth levels for seeing the new ps5 is at an all-time high.

I'll hedge my bets Sony will respond at the Playstation meeting in February. Hype would well and truly be generated if they showcase the console and also confirm pre-order availability as that could give the edge over Series X if people could pre-order PS5 from February as I would say MS will announce Series X costings/pre-orders at e3 as well as show their cheaper 'lockhart' SKU.

Shawrey

Soldato
I'd hope so... though, it really is mostly only applicable to people who like shooters where you don't want to take your right thumb off the stick to jump / slide, all the while still shooting.

Soldato
Rumour (which is looking very likey true) that the PS5 wont have HW RT by AMD

Nah, just misinformation.

Before they do, Cerny wants to clarify something. When we last discussed the forthcoming console, he spoke about its ability to support ray-tracing, a technique that can enable complex lighting and sound effects in 3D environments. Given the many questions he’s received since, he fears he may have been ambiguous about how the PS5 would accomplish this—and confirms that it’s not a software-level fix, which some had feared. “There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware,” he says, “which I believe is the statement that people were looking for.” (A belief born out by my own Twitter mentions, which for a couple of weeks in April made a graphics-rendering technique seem like the only thing the internet had ever cared about.)

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Back
Top Bottom