Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
That doesn't stop it showing up on the DVLA check thing showing you what it's registered as.
Unless they've literally just made up a plate?

That begs the question why would you not just get QUIGS 1 but maybe it's an attempt to avoid interest from police by making it look potentially real at first glance.

Soldato
There's only a limited number of options without entering the realms of printing quite literally different letters.

QU and 65 are clear as day, so the only options can be...

QU 1 65 1
QU 1 65 I
QU I 65 1
QU I 65 I

None of those show up anywhere i've tried them though.

Soldato
There's only a limited number of options without entering the realms of printing quite literally different letters.

QU 1 65 1
QU 1 65 I
QU I 65 1
QU I 65 I

Lol that's exactly what I did.. so it's turbo illegal?

Soldato
Would love to know the story behind this one. Spotted in San Miguel de Allende with a California registration that expired in 2017. You see loads of illegally imported, expired US registration type cars in the centre and south of Mexico, from as far away as Quebec or Minnesota, but normally old trucks and saloons of disposable value, never this type of thing. It was in excellent condition apart from a slight dent on the boot lid.

084-C58-D6-5-C1-D-4-F4-E-AE74-8-EAAD03-DC2-BC.jpg

B6-EC5-B7-A-F681-421-F-A8-F9-136485-C36031.jpg

Caporegime

QU 1 65 1
QU 1 65 I
QU I 65 1
QU I 65 I

Also tried with L's. ***** land rover in illegal plates probably not insured and maybe stolen shocker. :p

Soldato
Caporegime
First time I ever used Kwik-Fit for an MOT (which was also the first time I'd submitted a vehicle for testing in the UK, hence no clue about the rules) they failed it on plates which were poorly legible so I had to buy new plates off them. A year later, having learned my lesson about Kwik-Fit, I took it to our local council place and before I'd even walked out to get a cup of tea for them, the guy called me back and told me my plates were wrong. Those apes at Kwik Fit couldn't even put a sequence of 7 letters and numbers in to a PC without screwing it up, and sawpped two of the letters around on the plate. Nobody noticed it for a year.

Soldato
First time I ever used Kwik-Fit for an MOT (which was also the first time I'd submitted a vehicle for testing in the UK, hence no clue about the rules) they failed it on plates which were poorly legible so I had to buy new plates off them. A year later, having learned my lesson about Kwik-Fit, I took it to our local council place and before I'd even walked out to get a cup of tea for them, the guy called me back and told me my plates were wrong. Those apes at Kwik Fit couldn't even put a sequence of 7 letters and numbers in to a PC without screwing it up, and sawpped two of the letters around on the plate. Nobody noticed it for a year.

I get it's bad they screwed it up but YOU didn't notice?! lol!

Soldato
I feel like the keeper of the IMO reminder :)

I personally quite like black wheels in lots of circumstances. I wouldn't say that car is ruined, I do think (IMO again) they've gone a bit far with the orange badge and it needs it's plate back on but I personally think that's pretty well executed.

Back
Top Bottom