Touch screens, here to stay?

Soldato
If you have a system that simply activates Siri or Google like my car, then it works well, but if its anything like the integrated system in my other half's Focus, its a mess. You can't just say call ***

You have to say phone, dial name, then the persons name. If you get that far without it mishearing or simply cancelling then you deserve a pat on the back.

Pretty much how it works in my Mondeo. It's unusable. Siri is alright if it's something the phone can do, and tbh "hey Siri, call xxxx" works quite well.

Soldato
You have to say phone, dial name, then the persons name. If you get that far without it mishearing or simply cancelling then you deserve a pat on the back.

You should just be able to say "Dial XXX" and then it will confirm back to you "Dial XXX?" and you just answer Yes or No.

It's certainly more useable than going into the phone menu on the screen & scrolling around when doing 60 down a windy country lane in the dark.

It's like with the climate settings you can go around the houses & say "Climate" > "Temperature" > "17" or just say "Temperature 17"

Soldato
I like the look of the touchscreen in my Model 3 but I dislike trying to change controls. Even the wipers are on there! I was caught in a downpour Christmas Eve, auto wipers doing nothing at all. Thankfully wife could put wipers on but I'm not looking forward to the next time it happens.

Soldato
Soldato
I like the look of the touchscreen in my Model 3 but I dislike trying to change controls. Even the wipers are on there! I was caught in a downpour Christmas Eve, auto wipers doing nothing at all. Thankfully wife could put wipers on but I'm not looking forward to the next time it happens.
WTF really?

Soldato
If you have a system that simply activates Siri or Google like my car, then it works well, but if its anything like the integrated system in my other half's Focus, its a mess. You can't just say call ***

The integrated system in Mercedes works well. I just say 'Call [contact name] mobile/home/office' and it does it straight away, no need to confirm. It's only ever mis-heard me once or twice in all the times I've done it.

I agree with the general consensus about touchscreens in cars though; they're a terrible gimmick. Crap to use, and get covered in fingerprints. Give me tactile buttons any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom