Top 10 movies of the decade?

Soldato
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Dunkirk yet, Tarantino had that at number 2 on his list.

That was one of the great cinema experiences I was referring to in my OP.

I'll be honest that movie annoyed me. Why was it necessary to watch the same scene over and over from different perspectives and that ticking... some of the photography was amazing but it was ruined for me.

Soldato
I'll be honest that movie annoyed me. Why was it necessary to watch the same scene over and over from different perspectives and that ticking... some of the photography was amazing but it was ruined for me.

Nolan playing with time distortion in Inception was great, less fun in Interstellar and absolutely failed in Dunkirk. A straight telling of Dunkirk would have been absolutely fantastic and I'm sure would have got a far better reception.

But he hasn't given up, his latest film is about people coming across things that haven't happened yet in a kind of time slip scenario. At least this is a sci-fi film where it is better placed.

Soldato
Looking back through and there have been some fantastic films this decade. I couldn't narrow it down to 10 so here's my top 13 roughly in order. I'm sure there are films that I've completely forgotten about though.

First Man
Arrival
Blade Runner 2049
Sicario
End Of Watch
Joker
American Sniper
Wolf of Wall Street
Inception
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
A Star is Born
Seven Psychopaths
The Irishman

I really should get around to re-watching some of these soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nolan playing with time distortion in Inception was great, less fun in Interstellar and absolutely failed in Dunkirk. A straight telling of Dunkirk would have been absolutely fantastic and I'm sure would have got a far better reception.

But he hasn't given up, his latest film is about people coming across things that haven't happened yet in a kind of time slip scenario. At least this is a sci-fi film where it is better placed.

Completely agree. Inception and Interstellar were masterpieces. Dunkirk a huge mess imo.

Soldato
I find this unfathomable, one of the most confused and nonsensical plots of the decade, but each to their own.

Overall there were few films that blew me away compared to my list for say the 90s but these were the best of the bunch.

Sicario
Inception
Get out
A most violent year
The Irishman
Blade runner 2049
Black Swan
The revenent
Place beyond the pines
Drive

The Irishman was hardly a masterpiece, rehash of his other mob films.

Soldato
The Irishman was hardly a masterpiece, rehash of his other mob films.

Nope wasn't a masterpiece, but depending on your age it was highly poetic. It was a story of aging gangsters, played by the most iconic actors of that genera as they themselves head towards the end of their careers. It was last foray / swan song for the cast and director and for that alone it was one of the landmark movie events in the decade.

Soldato
Nope wasn't a masterpiece, but depending on your age it was highly poetic. It was a story of aging gangsters, played by the most iconic actors of that genera as they themselves head towards the end of their careers. It was last foray / swan song for the cast and director and for that alone it was one of the landmark movie events in the decade.

Indeed, and leaving *cough* the door open for the next generation.

Caporegime
Had to group them:

Animated:
Your Name (Film of the decade)
How To Train Your Dragon
Zootopia
Moana
Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse

Super-hero:
Infinity War
Gaurdians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Deadpool

Sci-Fi:
Inception
Alita: Battle Angel
A Quiet Place
Ready Player One
Arrival
The Martian
Coherence

Comedy:
Pitch Perfect
Ted
Wolf of Wallstreet

Other:

Get Out
Django Unchained
Bohemian Rhapsody

Associate
Inception
The Martian
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Hitmans bodyguard
Ready Player One
Deadpool
Fury
The Revenant
Rogue One
End of Watch

The only way Interstallar would get a mention is if the list was for the 10 worst films!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Comic Book:
Deadpool (2016)
The Avengers (2012)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Historical:
Rush (2013)
Apollo 11 (2019)

Action/Adventure:
Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle (2018)

Sci-fi/Fantasy:
Ready Player One (2018)
The Martian (2015)

Cheese:
Tremors 6: A Cold Day In Hell (2018)
Primal (2019)

I may not be entirely serious with the 'cheese' category. Or am I? I genuinely enjoyed Tremors 6, it's good brainless fun. And Primal...it's not a great movie, to be sure. It's actually quite a terrible one for a good portion of the running time. Directed by someone who didn't have the first idea about how to direct. But just about enough works really, plus Nic Cage's Nic Cage-ing makes up for a lot.

And it's better than The Great Wall.

Soldato
In no particuar order:

Inception
The Help
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Wind Rises
What We Do in the Shadows
Green Book
The Big Short
Le Mans '66
Joker
Jojo Rabbit

So far, I have no idea how, but haven't managed to see Three Billboards or Your Name. Must sort that out.

Soldato
Dunkirk
Zero Dark Thirty
Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy
Edge of Tomorrow
Rogue One
Sicario

9th & 10th film hmm : Chef? Lalaland? True Grit? GOTG? Four lions?
Film that i liked that im not supposed to : Prometheus

Soldato
Random list

Dredd 3D
Arrival
Bladerunner 2049
Wolf of Wall Street
The Big Short
Joker
The Martian
End of Watch
Prisoners
Ex Machina

There are of course lots of others but for great films of last ten years, any of the above I would happily sit and watch again.

Permabanned
Lots of my choices already mentioned but I'll add
Deadpool
13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi
American Sniper
Dallas Buyers Club
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (hey I'm a Potter fan)
Hidden Figures
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor Ragnarok
Patriots Day
Spotlight
Warrior
Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman ah yes comic books plus good old anti german sentiment by Jewish Stan Lee, And of course lead role has to go to Jewish Gal Gadot. The Amazon scene where the fight the "Bad Guys" Germans is one of the most shameful gloating peices of trash cinema i have ever saw. The entire movie is propoganda how can this be considered a good movie?

I give The Wolf of Wall Street top spot and worst to Wonder Woman. Though none of these are as good as the 80's or 90's this decade was the worst for movies and now that Hollywood is closed to outsiders it will get worse. Wonder Woman was just the start of the river of crap kids will grow up with.

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Wonder Woman ah yes comic books plus good old anti german sentiment by Jewish Stan Lee, And of course lead role has to go to Jewish Gal Gadot. The Amazon scene where the fight the "Bad Guys" Germans is one of the most shameful gloating peices of trash cinema i have ever saw. The entire movie is propoganda how can this be considered a good movie?

*blinks*

*low whistle*

*Spock eyebrow*

Soldato

I give The Wolf of Wall Street top spot and worst to Wonder Woman. Though none of these are as good as the 80's or 90's this decade was the worst for movies and now that Hollywood is closed to outsiders it will get worse. Wonder Woman was just the start of the river of crap kids will grow up with.

Sorry how dare any movie portray the Nazis as the bad guys in WW2. You are right they were just misunderstood and all movies painting them as such and the holocaust is jewish propaganda :rolleyes: Its not anti German, its anti Nazi. There is a difference you know.

Back
Top Bottom