Market / Post limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea Drinker
Don
I have to say I'm split on this one, I think having a minimum post count and time on the forum is useful, but perhaps the minimums are a little on the harsh side, myself as an example just over 5 years and I don't qualify which does seem a tad restrictive. If I may make a suggestion, it might be worth reviewing transactions on the MM that didn't go well and seeing if the number of posts / length of being a member directly correlates - it might be for example that lower minimums might have the same effect as the 180 days + 1000 posts - just a thought.

Without spending weeks producing a dissertation my spidy senses say the majority of the disputes ( of which there are very little, if any ) are between buyers and sellers just over the post count threshold.

For the amount bought and sold the ratio of satisfaction / dispute is tiny.

Associate
Without spending weeks producing a dissertation my spidy senses say the majority of the disputes ( of which there are very little, if any ) are between buyers and sellers just over the post count threshold.

For the amount bought and sold the ratio of satisfaction / dispute is tiny.

Good to know, like I say was just a thought.

Soldato
I have to say I'm split on this one, I think having a minimum post count and time on the forum is useful, but perhaps the minimums are a little on the harsh side, myself as an example just over 5 years and I don't qualify which does seem a tad restrictive. If I may make a suggestion, it might be worth reviewing transactions on the MM that didn't go well and seeing if the number of posts / length of being a member directly correlates - it might be for example that lower minimums might have the same effect as the 180 days + 1000 posts - just a thought.

I would say from my experience using the MM, there wouldn't be enough data to conduct that experiment. I've only had 2 bad experiences:
  1. A guy returned stuff claiming it was faulty when I believe they just changed their mind. They expected a refund before I had received the return, which I refused to do. I honestly think they started to panic that I wouldn't refund the money.
  2. I got banned for accidentally doing a price drop around 10 minutes before the 24hrs were up. It really annoyed me, it just felt totally harsh as ****. Especially annoying when others were breaking rules and continuing to post, but hey ho on balance I can't complain (genuinely).

Man of Honour
I would say from my experience using the MM, there wouldn't be enough data to conduct that experiment. I've only had 2 bad experiences:
  1. A guy returned stuff claiming it was faulty when I believe they just changed their mind. They expected a refund before I had received the return, which I refused to do. I honestly think they started to panic that I wouldn't refund the money.
  2. I got banned for accidentally doing a price drop around 10 minutes before the 24hrs were up. It really annoyed me, it just felt totally harsh as ****. Especially annoying when others were breaking rules and continuing to post, but hey ho on balance I can't complain (genuinely).

Is that 2 out of 130 transactions though? If that's the case then that is not bad at all. I think i've had about 80 or so transactions and 0 issues with anybody. Some people ive sold to probably 4 or 5 times, one fella the cpu left me working and got to him dead. It happens but I had a few so I sent him another one. That one was fine so all good. I then decided to sell about 10 laptops at the same time and got myself confused and shipped the wrong machines to the wrong place, that was interesting, again though It wasn't far away from my work and everybody was cool with me being a noob.

Soldato
Is that 2 out of 130 transactions though? If that's the case then that is not bad at all

Yes, and agreed. As far as I'm concerned it's anecdotal evidence that the market is 10 times better than eBay. You were one of the 130 transactions, as I bought one of those laptops and it's another example of a great transaction all round. Case in point; here you are approximately one year later and still contactable. :)

Commissario
@String no your ban was because you bumped your thread, not for an early price drop.

The entry criteria won’t be changing, and if it keeps getting brought up then I’ll up the criteria to 2000 posts and 6 months membership.

Soldato
@String no your ban was because you bumped your thread, not for an early price drop.

The entry criteria won’t be changing, and if it keeps getting brought up then I’ll up the criteria to 2000 posts and 6 months membership.

Infraction led to a ban if I remember right (it was years ago). I think the infraction itself was harsh considering I had only started using the MM.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/28202734/

Any way, thanks for steaming in MM mod style and reminding me how Draconian you all get when the mere whiff of criticism is headed your way. It really adds to the experience. :p

Commissario
Infraction led to a ban if I remember right (it was years ago). I think the infraction itself was harsh considering I had only started using the MM.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/28202734/

Any way, thanks for steaming in MM mod style and reminding me how Draconian you all get when the mere whiff of criticism is headed your way. It really adds to the experience. :p
You remember wrong, you only got an infraction for that - I can see your notes.

And you think this is draconian? Bend over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom