Child's car not charging

Soldato
Any advice on why this isn't charging before it goes to the garage in the sky? Checked all the wires, none seem to be loose.

Charger

Charger goes in here

Mishmash of cable under the seat.

I have a multimeter but will need instructions on how to use it.

Soldato
Might be a ridiculous suggestion but I've seen these where the charger fits in both ways, and it isn't always obvious which way round is correct.
Can it reverse?

Associate
It's 2 x 6v sealed lead acid batteries. There'll be a fuse somewhere in that lot that's blown, likely a blade fuse or possibly a thermal trip.
Find it and check for continuity.

Soldato
OP
Might be a ridiculous suggestion but I've seen these where the charger fits in both ways, and it isn't always obvious which way round is correct.
Can it reverse?

No charger connects via one round connector.

i need to re educate myself on electronics ,looks like 2 banks of series 18650s in parallel ,wouldnt that charger need to output over 7.4 volts at least 8.4 ?
probably drunk too much

It's worked for the past 3 years so I'm guessing no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
unplug the mollex connector in the centre of the picture put the multi meter props on each of the connectors incoming when trying to charge.

if this connection is loose then it wont charge also if no voltage or current at this point the problem is between here and the wall socket.

when it no plugged in put the multimeter probes on the balck and red spade connectors on each of the black batteries packs

Soldato
These are the reading I get on the multimeter when I place them on the batteries whilst charging

V~ 200 = 3.5
V- 200 = 2

That seams very low. Is there a label on the batteries stating their normal Voltage.

If you can get your hands on a suitable car battery charger you could try charging them independently (I'm guessing they're 6 volt). This should give you a good idea if it's the batteries or the charging system.

Soldato
I think the outside is the negative and the inside is the positive.

will be very low voltage so no darwin award.

jam the red inside and the black on the outside. Should get 7.5v dc out according to the label

Back
Top Bottom