Wim Hof Method

Soldato
Anyone here a "Hoffers"? I've been practicing his methods for a few months and honestly feel awesome. I wondered if any other folks in here had tried this out.

I've taken up winter sea swimming and really enjoy the cold, I don't mind the cold showers but Id rather be in the sea.

But I definitely need to work on my breathing technique...as in do it more often.

something different for GD..

rotters

Soldato
Never actually tried his methods out but I have watched quite a few vids and documentaries about him. I was originally very sceptical about some of the claims surrounding him but what I've seen and read now has convinced me he is actually a phenomenal human being. The documentary which culminates in him running a marathon inside the artic circle only wearing shorts and sandals is utterly bewildering.

Man of Honour
Read a book about it, seems like one of those half scientific things and half mumbo jumbo made up stuff.
Never got round to trying anything. But body does acclimatise to cold, produces more beige fat etc.

Soldato
"Wim is currently working with a group of university researchers to prove that anyone can do the extraordinary things he does. He’s taking 12 participants who have no prior training, and instructing them over the span of a week. At the end of the week, each participant will be injected with a bacterium than normally causes violent nausea, vomiting and fever for several days. However, with the use of the Wim Hof Method, the participants will feel nothing"

:-/

Soldato
im using a neoprene vest with hood and a ,5/4 winter wetsuit in the sea at the moment and still get really cold (admitedly after a couple of hours),especially in clean surf where im not fighting to get out back

Soldato
OP
im using a neoprene vest with hood and a ,5/4 winter wetsuit in the sea at the moment and still get really cold (admitedly after a couple of hours),especially in clean surf where im not fighting to get out back

This was this morning, 8.2c neoprene hat and trunks. chilly but fun was in for about 30 mins. good coffee waiting in my bag and no shivering.

rotters

Soldato
my pain /discomfort threshold is pathetic tbh but maybe this would boost my circulation ,maybe start by using a summer suit ,then a shorty ,also not very comfortable without my board and the extra floatation of a wetsuit

D3K

D3K

Soldato
**** that.

I once jumped in a shaded pool in the forest after my mates had. The shock to my system and the near drowning experience I had has given me nightmares ever since!

Caporegime
"Wim is currently working with a group of university researchers to prove that anyone can do the extraordinary things he does. He’s taking 12 participants who have no prior training, and instructing them over the span of a week. At the end of the week, each participant will be injected with a bacterium than normally causes violent nausea, vomiting and fever for several days. However, with the use of the Wim Hof Method, the participants will feel nothing"

:-/

will he also have another 12 participants who haven't had the training and will they have some placebo injections mixed in for both groups too I wonder and of course the people administering the injections + participants blinded as to which of them get the placebo

Back
Top Bottom