• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Man of Honour
I mean 1 shows signs of a Radeon image but the tested card is very slow and the chosen game looks like from the ones with TWIMTP optimisations....

The tested card was a 20cu vega with 4gb hbm clearly it's struggling in this title vs the older card. Thats thin and light for you. Technically the machines are well matched but one throttles like a ***** None of this matters as I have a new video to correct our (my?) failures?

Permabanned
Not sure why he is posting those - pretty sure the BF4 one was due to using different AF settings or something when it was posted before.

I think none of the images above had ever been posted before.
Different AF settings is just what GeForce users get at default. I don't think they (the users) can change that since it's already the cards' maximum.

Soldato
What I'd like to know is why after all this time some members of the OcUK forums have such a beef with this and it's not a concern with the mainstream tech sites...

Beats me. Surely if it was an issue the Pro AMD tech sites would be all over it.

Man of Honour
Must resist!!!

One does not simply resist. I've pretty much given up! The difference is negligible if it is there at all and when you are in the midst of the action. Can I notice some difference in how the colours are rendered? Yea I can! Do I care? Hell no, I'm gonna play my games not giving a **** I planned on all this testing then decided it really isn't worth it. literally
many day now! Just keep posting in this thread, hardware unboxed is sure to notice!!!

Its becaise people that use both daily can perhaps spot a small colour difference but without reference its impossible to prove. Which version of the same is right? Now people might jump over that but meh as far as i can see there isnt a lot in it over and above brand loyalty and preference.

Lets say there is, Ive said in this thread i prefer the amd image and also think there are minor visible differences. Again which one is right?

Man of Honour
I've pretty much given up! The difference is negligible if it is there at all

I couldn't really see any difference in the video. But then I can barely perceive it in person so not surprising - a scene with saturated oranges and reds tends to show it a bit more than dark with blues and greens though.

Permabanned
Beats me. Surely if it was an issue the Pro AMD tech sites would be all over it.

They don't talk about image quality. It's a taboo topic.

2.png

DLSS bad image quality?! https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/301925/dlss-bad-image-quality/

Is the picture quality going to be fixed soon?
sparkyviking
4y
I need some advice for some one who has just recently purchased the NVidia shield. The quality of the picture is so bad that I am using my television and xbox one instead to stream from Netflix. is NVidia's track record good for fixing issues like this or should I try and sell it and recoup some of my money? I really like the idea of the device and the ui is very slick and it looks awesome but if it doesn't perform and there is no hope of it doing so should I sell for something cheaper?

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...s-the-picture-quality-going-to-be-fixed-soon/

Luc.Boucher
4y
Close
Hi MRConner, i do think Nvidia knows about our gripe about these issues. They are probably working hard on them. The Question will they be able to fix them... if so When ?
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...s-the-picture-quality-going-to-be-fixed-soon/

Man of Honour
I couldn't really see any difference in the video. But then I can barely perceive it in person so not surprising - a scene with saturated oranges and reds tends to show it a bit more than dark with blues and greens though.

I don't think it's enough of a problem that people should be concerned. I mean i will make some more videos but from my limited acid testing when all things remain the same the differences are very small. I'm sure there will be exceptions where one will look a lot better or where the odd texture hits the pipeline differently but really it's not like some in here are making out. I prefer the colours and vivdness of the AMD image but this rubbish about a constant fog/blur or vastly inferior image on the NV side appears to be, from my limited testing, rubbish. This is what I would class as an AMD house, I have more than 20 AMD gpu's and only 3 NV so you would expect me to be perhaps more bias than some but nope. I can see a minor difference between the two and that is most apparent in very colourful scenes. those first images btw AMD were on the left, nv on the right. Exactly opposite to what everybody guessed.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't think it's enough of a problem that people should be concerned. I mean i will make some more videos but from my limited acid testing when all things remain the same the differences are very small. I'm sure there will be exceptions where one will look a lot better or where the odd texture hits the pipeline differently but really it's not like some in here are making out. I prefer the colours and vivdness of the AMD image but this rubbish about a constant fog/blur or vastly inferior image on the NV side appears to be, from my limited testing, rubbish. This is what I would class as an AMD house, I have more than 20 AMD gpu's and only 3 NV so you would expect me to be perhaps more bias than some but nope. I can see a minor difference between the two and that is most apparent in very colourful scenes. those first images btw AMD were on the left, nv on the right. Exactly opposite to what everybody guessed.
Wish more people who preferred one side or the other were more like this. I see so much bias on this forum it is unreal, people struggle to be objective. Some are so gone that when proven wrong they disappear for a while and then come back banging on about the same thing again like nothing happened. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom