Last of US Part 2 for PC?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
All these rumours of PS4 games coming to PC are very intriguing. Would love to play some of the older titles (Spiderman, God of War and Zero Dawn) so I hope this is true.

Probably wont be at the same time as PS releases though
Been playing these on the PS4 Pro I got a couple of months ago and it has been a blast.

Would be nice if they come to the pc.

Don't see Last of Us 2 coming to pc any time soon. Will be a PS4 exclusive, then they will make a remaster on PS5 and it will be an exclusive there for a while, then after that it may come to pc.

Once I am done playing Resident Evil 3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake I will be grabing The Last of Us 2 :)

Soldato
I think people are looking into this a bit too much. It's a console seller, I'd VERY much doubt they'd release on PC. Furthermore, it's common knowledge that the architecture is the same as PC's these days for consoles, so having that knowledge is beneficial.

Associate
Going by the rumours from supposedly credible sources, all ps exclusives will be coming to pc. What we don't know is the timescale between console release and pc. It's game sales that make them the most money, just like Xbox, if they can tap into another market - that's big bucks for them. While also still having that console exclusive barrier

Associate
Going by the rumours from supposedly credible sources, all ps exclusives will be coming to pc. What we don't know is the timescale between console release and pc. It's game sales that make them the most money, just like Xbox, if they can tap into another market - that's big bucks for them. While also still having that console exclusive barrier

Wonder if all the exclusives will come to Steam or Epic or if Sony will make a launcher like everyone else at the moment, hopefully they just bring everything to steam

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Would be good if true. But I am not so sure. What would be cool is when PS exclusives come out after they are exclusive for 1 year then come out on PC. Can’t ever see them coming out at the same time on PC.

Soldato
I think people are looking into this a bit too much. It's a console seller, I'd VERY much doubt they'd release on PC. Furthermore, it's common knowledge that the architecture is the same as PC's these days for consoles, so having that knowledge is beneficial.

I agree.

Horizon is a bit different, I can see why they may let that release elsewhere but Last of Us is a very unique experience that you can only get on playstation. To drive sales of PS5, This will remain true. (Assuming we can just pop the ps4 disc in and reap the benefits rather than having to buy a separate version on ps5 later)

*let's not forget I think you can already play many exclusives albeit it via the terrible PS Now service

Caporegime

I don't imagine TLOU2 is going to be a huge console seller, as PS4 is nearing the end of it's life anyway.

Selling it on PC kinda makes sense, but only if they released the first one as well.

Soldato
Don't Sony and MS make more money from software sales than actual hardware sales?

I can't see it happening any time soon but I'd love for Sony games to come to PC 6-12 months later. Free money for them

Soldato
I don't imagine TLOU2 is going to be a huge console seller, as PS4 is nearing the end of it's life anyway.

TLoU came out 5 months before the PS4 launched and it helped shift loads of PS3s. This time around things might be a little different if the rumours of improved backwards compatibility on the PS5 are to be believed, but it's still one of the most anticipated games of the year, second only to Cyberpunk probably.

Soldato
Really what makes you think that?

Because things are changing. Sony are going to have to complete with XBOX GP sooner or later. MS have been very smart by bringing PC gamers into their eco-system without any need to buy their hardware, and its another nail (as if one were needed) in Falia's coffin to boot.

Soldato

Selling it on PC kinda makes sense, but only if they released the first one as well.

From a Sony perspective, it doesn't make sense for it to be released on PC.

Unless Sony are deciding to end their walled garden approach and become a software developer. It would be a huge risk for them and I don't see why they'd do that just to lose a tonne of awesome IP.. and for what? To get a bit of PC gamer revenue?

I HOPE it happens but the likelyhood is so low.

Caporegime
Unless Sony are deciding to end their walled garden approach and become a software developer. It would be a huge risk for them and I don't see why they'd do that just to lose a tonne of awesome IP.. and for what? To get a bit of PC gamer revenue?

Potentially, that is what could be happening over the next 10 years. The need for an expensive box under your TV will diminish as everything moves to the cloud. Sony could just use PC hardware for the streaming servers instead of designing custom chips. And if they do that, why not put out a PC version for those that want to play offline?

Soldato
Sony can make a ton load of money from the PC crowd. At the end of the day its all about the money no ?
It all depends. They will make a hell of a lot of money from the likes of PSN+. They can't get away for charging for online play on PC (MS tried it and it failed badly). I really hope Sony exclusives come to PC but Sony I believe would rather sell playstation copies of games than PC ones.

A 12 month exclusivity for PS4/5 may be a fair compromise. I hope. So

Soldato
Potentially, that is what could be happening over the next 10 years. The need for an expensive box under your TV will diminish as everything moves to the cloud. Sony could just use PC hardware for the streaming servers instead of designing custom chips. And if they do that, why not put out a PC version for those that want to play offline?

I don’t buy into the streaming at all. I don’t see everyone in the worlds internet be consistent enough to ditch native hardware. And I imagine hardware and graphical fidelity will continue to improve where streaming it will be difficult.

this is just imo.

Soldato
I think it's wishful thinking that it will come to PC, but you can never rule anything out. I remember all the posts saying "theres not a chance this will come to PC" for RDR2 and look how that turned out.. I know this is different, but there was so many people on here and all over the net that was 100% positive it would never happen.

Back
Top Bottom