*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Sad to see there will be a third fight... It's looking like we'll never see Fury go up against AJ. Money over everything else unfortunately.

Yeah it's disappointing although not surprising for it to be written into the contract. Although depending on how it goes, either fighter may not be keen on activating the clause

Soldato
Please let’s not have this again. These guys hit hard enough to kill each other never mind put the other on the canvas for 10 seconds. If Fury had no power every sparring partner he stepped in with would have walked over him.

Roberto Duran at 9 and half stone put a horse to sleep. Fury is twice the size of Duran.

So when did Fury last knock someone out cold? Not stopped but out cold on the canvas?

still waiting :)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Wilder was getting handily beaten by Ortiz, IF Fury can avoid the big shot he wins easily. Fury is considerably the better technical boxer.

Yeah the issue with this is, Ortiz won every second of every round against Wilder (upto the 7th or 8th round I believe?) and then look what happened, 1 punch and he was flattened... Thats all it takes for Wilder to win. 1 good punch to land and then he finishes you off.

Soldato
Yeah the issue with this is, Ortiz won every second of every round against Wilder (upto the 7th or 8th round I believe?) and then look what happened, 1 punch and he was flattened... Thats all it takes for Wilder to win. 1 good punch to land and then he finishes you off.

This is it. Everyone knows Wilder is an awful boxer but he is a puncher and that punch he has is an exceptional equaliser. I see him catching Fury again this time

Permabanned
Tbf Ortiz hasn’t fought anyone other than Wilder and is about 50 years old.

Fury beat him in the last fight despite coming off a 3 year lay-off. The odds favour Fury the smart money would be on a fury points win.

Caporegime

Only a matter of time until he doesn't land that punch, he's simply not a good enough boxer to go 12 rounds and win a decision against someone at the top level. He's a windmiller, one hit wonder.

He will never go down as one of the greats because he simply isn't a particularly good boxer.

First time he fought Fury he was coming back off a 2 year layoff, lost 100 pounds or whatever it was. He has the biggest padded record in boxing history. He's literally fought one fighter at the highest level, that being Fury, and he clearly lost. Fury was robbed in the first fight.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Only a matter of time until he doesn't land that punch, he's simply not a good enough boxer to go 12 rounds and win a decision against someone at the top level. He's a windmiller, one hit wonder.

He will never go down as one of the greats because he simply isn't a particularly good boxer.

First time he fought Fury he was coming back off a 2 year layoff, lost 100 pounds or whatever it was. He has the biggest padded record in boxing history. He's literally fought one fighter at the highest level, that being Fury, and he clearly lost. Fury was robbed in the first fight.

Oh believe you me, I definitely don't think he'll go down as a great. His record is filled with 99% bums and if Wilder fought in the 90's or 70's he would have been battered from pillar to post by the majority of HW's then. His skinny little chicken legs would not have coped at all against those toughened machines from back then.

Wilder's only 2 decent names on his resume are Fury and Ortiz. out of 40 odd people, only 2 are considered even somewhat decent, as the rest are woeful.

And out of those 2, Fury just came back from his ordeal and Ortiz was dominating him in both fights, and is at least 40 years old. Wilder is a complete bum who has been making an easy living. I do think Fury will completely outbox him, but I can't take out the fact that it would only take 1 good punch to land to give Wilder a huge advantange

Caporegime
He’s coming in for more power less speed.... not sure that’s a good thing. He’s a mad man, probably going to go for the KO. If that’s the case it should be a crazy fight.

Soldato
He did rock wilder in the first fight
So did Ortiz.... Fury’s only chance of winning is sit behind the jab and when I say jab I don’t mean the arm jab he was chucking out last time. A meaningful jab slow Wilder down then he can try and KO him and I do say try :o

If he repeats the last fight I don’t fancy his chances in Vegas, 3 American judges, an American ref and against the champ.

Back
Top Bottom