Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No, if you has asked it as a question such as "So, are you suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" would have been a question asking for clarification.

"You're suggesting most Americans want even more lax gun laws?" is a statement, asking for clarification..

As you said, it's just Vincent getting "Are you?", which is a question, confused with his "You are....(or 'you're' as written)" which is a statement when used in written form.

Permabanned
Seems like America is a very divided place, I thought all the multi stuff was suppsed to work? Instead it seems like a country starts to break down in function the more divided it becomes.

From here it looks like hes either been naughty and corrupt and abused his power, Or that the opposition are using presidential harrassment as a weapon to basically tie him up and later claim his whole term achieved nothing but scandal after scandal. I do not follow American politics much so this is a genuine question but i wonder would the answer as usual be different on each spectrum. Whats the truth?

Soldato
Stone probably now thinking a much harsher 8+ year sentence would have given Trump more cover to pardon him. Now with a fairly middling less than 4 year term, any pardon will be much harder to justify on compassionate terms. He will still P him though of course, just will wait until after the election, win or lose.

Caporegime
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51582025

US intelligence agencies have warned that Russia is attempting to help President Donald Trump get re-elected in November, US media report.

The comments came in a closed-door briefing to the House Intelligence Committee on 13 February, officials told US outlets.

President Trump was reportedly enraged, complaining that Democrats would use the information against him.

He replaced his acting intelligence chief, Joseph Maguire, on Thursday.

The New York Times reported that Mr Trump was particularly angry that Adam Schiff, the Democrat who led the impeachment proceedings against him, was at the briefing.

Mr Trump, impeached by the House of Representatives for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, was acquitted after a two-week trial in the Republican-controlled Senate.

During the House intelligence briefing, Mr Trump's supporters argued that the president had taken a hard stance with Russia, and that European ties and security had been strengthened as a result, the newspaper added.

Mr Schiff later tweeted that if Mr Trump was in any way "interfering" with the sharing of information between US intelligence agencies and Congress regarding foreign interference in the election process, the president was "jeopardising" attempts to stop it.

Mr Maguire was a favourite to be nominated for the permanent Director of National Intelligence (DNI) post, the Washington Post said.

However, the paper said the president changed his mind when he found out about the briefing, and what he called the "disloyalty" of his staff.

The president announced this week that Mr Maguire would be replaced by Richard Grenell, the US ambassador to Germany and a Trump loyalist.

Two Trump administration officials told the New York Times that the replacement of Mr Maguire, so soon after the contentious briefing, was a coincidence.

US intelligence officials say Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election to boost Mr Trump's campaign and cause chaos within the US electoral process.

Democrats criticised the president for appointing Mr Grenell, who has previously played down the extent of Russian interference in the last election, and has celebrated the rise of far-right politicians in Europe.

Soldato
US intelligence agencies have warned that Russia is attempting to help President Donald Trump get re-elected in November, US media report.

I'm guessing you mean the Dems are russians as the dems are doing everything they can to get trump re-elected.

Soldato
All but Bernie declared that they would ignore the popular vote, of the people, not what you should expect from the 'democratic' party(I'm being ironic)...

Still saying it'll be a Bloomberg/Hillary ticket, she's waiting in the wings for Bloomberg to do the dirty work I'm sure of it. They don't realise they are killing the Democratic party by ignoring the people, IE the voters, come the election!

Soldato
All but Bernie declared that they would ignore the popular vote, of the people, not what you should expect from the 'democratic' party(I'm being ironic)...

Still saying it'll be a Bloomberg/Hillary ticket, she's waiting in the wings for Bloomberg to do the dirty work I'm sure of it. They don't realise they are killing the Democratic party by ignoring the people, IE the voters, come the election!

Well, warren and sanders certainly went for the jugular on bloomberg, he looked out of depth and sounds more dodgy and very boring compared to trump.

Capodecina
Soldato
Donald Trump jabs at Parasite's Oscar win because film is 'from South Korea'

President says US has trade problems with South Korea and wonders if ‘we can get Gone With the Wind back’
. . .
When Parasite won the Golden Globe for best foreign-language film, its director, Bong Joon-ho, said: “Once you overcome the one-inch tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films.

“I think we use only one language: the cinema,” he added.

Neon, the studio that distributed Parasite in the US, responded to Trump’s dig on Twitter with a dig of its own: “Understandable, he can’t read.” (LINK)
Neon highlights! :D

Soldato
Only seen highlights, but that last democratic debate was an absolute car crash to see.

In what way was it a car crash? For me it was the best debate so far. You want the candidates going after each other, this isn't the general election. Warren did well, Klobucher and Mayor Pete did ok. Biden kind of hid. Bernie and his health didn't do as well and Bloomberg did indeed crash. How he never had a polished answer to the NDA question is just incompetent. Personally I'd love to see Warren take on Trump in debates. She could go after him on his NDAs and accusations of rape, sexual assault, Epstein parties in a way Clinton never could because of her rapey husband. All he has on her is her stupid claim of being part Native American. He'll need a lot more than that to fluster her. I honestly think it would be a blood bath. No his base will never change their minds but his base alone doesn't win him an election. Though she will need to sort out her message on things like medicare for all.

Soldato
Imagine still believing in Russian interference, the tiddly troll farm from a Russian private marketing agency not linked to the Kremlin, that spent 46k on ads and targeted 0.05% of voters does not count as interference..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom