upcoming games out this year

Soldato

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Definitely some solid releases coming up.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 - Day 1 for me, CD Projekt Red are just about the only company I'll still pre-order from.

2. Resident Evil 3 - If it's the same quality as the Resi 2 remake I'll be very happy, 3 was my favourite of the original trilogy.

3. Final Fantasy VII (remake) - Looking forward to this, but I'll be waiting until the entire thing is released.

4. Dying Light 2 - The first game was fantastic, hoping for more of the same.

5. Vampire The Masquerade 2 - I'm keeping an eye on this but I'm not getting my hopes up. The first was a flawed masterpiece that's improved with age thanks to a strong mod community.
Same here, but also looking forward to Last Of Us II. Might grab Doom Eternal also on steam as long as it does not need a separate launcher.

Loads of games this year, last year or two have been poor, we are getting all the good games at once :D

Soldato
Honestly, I'm waiting for the European publishers to reveal more of their games this year. Focus Home & Embracer have been putting out fantastic games that are very suited to my tastes. They're not the blockbuster productions of AAA studios but they're often even more enjoyable. I'm on the lookout for what Spiders' next game will be, as well as Deck13's next big thing after The Surge 2. Not gonna happen this year since it's so early but I'd love a teaser.

I have to say though, several of those games don't have a release date & it's very unlikely they're gonna launch this year, eg Hellblade 2.

First half of the year there's not much going on, I'm mostly waiting for Doom Eternal & Gears Tactics. I never liked Gears games but I'm a sucker for Xcom 2 & I think there's a LOT of possible Xcom-likes that could be great (Mass Effect, Star Wars, Witcher, etc.). Untapped market for sure, so I'm looking forward to this one and hope it turns out well.

Second half, all eyes on CP2077, no question about it. I don't even want to know about anything else, though I'm also quite hyped about a Vikings AC. Think that one will launch '21 though, Ubisoft's schedule is way too packed atm.

Normally I'd also be all over Humankind as Amplitude was a no-questions-asked instant buy studio but what I've seen so far & how they're talking about it has left me feeling a bit cold towards them. Supposedly it's coming this year as well but we'll see. They got bought by Sega too, so I'm not as hopeful for their future as I used to be. Alas.

Another huge favourite of mine is having a sequel and the release is this year as well, but I'm very skeptical they'll hit it. Knights of Honour 2. Great strategy game, a sort of real-time Total War, but without the muddled graphics or abysmal UI and all the other dumb decisions CA keeps making after Rome 2. The first KoH didn't do too well with the actual battles but the overworld portion was great. Fantastic atmosphere all throughout, still play it today. It's one of the few games with a permanent place on my drive. Not a very well known game but a great one!

Interesting looking TBS, haven't tried the betas yet but am going to try it when it launches, Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars. The name also makes me think that there's some IP potential there for more than just vampires (for future games), which would be interesting.

Lastly for strategy fans, Iron Harvest's also coming out in September. Very interesting looking game and looks like they're putting a lot of heart into it. Worth keeping an eye on.

I was also hoping Gamedec would serve as a pre-Cyberpunk appetiser but release date isn't set so it might get pushed into next year. Looks interesting & more than anything what I like is seeing new studios take up the mantle of trying to create new & interesting games. Also reminds me a bit of my time with Shadowrun trilogy, which I loved. I hope they don't mess this up!

Not to worry though, still an appetiser left! Ghostrunner. Cyberpunk meets Mirror's Edge.

That's pretty much all I can think of for this year, but I'm sure there will be more announcements around E3 and co.

Caporegime
Cyberpunk, Last of Us 2 and Doom are 100% buys for me.

I do like the idea of the new Rainbow Six Quarantine though. I think that's out this year. If it's similar to L4D2 then it could be great.

Associate
For me almost certainly:

Watch dogs Legion
Bannerlord II
CyberPunk 2077
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Although Iron Harvest does look interesting, may wait for the reviews.

Associate
Like most I’m looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 and Doom Eternal, but one other I’m hoping will be good is Gods and Monsters it’s from the developers of AC Odyssey.

Soldato
Games looking forward this year.
Crusader Kings 3
Kerbal Space Program 2
Empire of Sin
Port Royale 4

DLCs
X4 Foundations Split Vedetta

So plenty of time burners, alongside the usual suspects WOT, EU4, Stellaris.

Back
Top Bottom