Friends reunited

Caporegime
News out today that the cast of Friends are reuniting for a one off special.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51590988

I don’t quite know what to think. Friends is one of my favourite ever shows, the programme of my youth, I grew up with it from the ages of 14-24, so I hope they don’t ruin it.

but, it’s just a one off, even if the humour is not what it was, it will still be cool to see them again, and to see what became of them.

bit of a time for comebacks and reunions. I hear the original ghostbusters are getting back together as well. Apparently, Rick Moranis has decided to start acting again too.

Nice to get a little rekindling of my younger days :D

Caporegime
OP
Watch it very occasionally. Can't see it will be any good, irrelevant era, washed out actors.
What do you think about Moranis?

do you think he’ll be washed up, or do you think he’ll still be able to recapture that brilliant zaniness of his earlier days.

I have a lot of respect for him. I know he’s very well off, but he could have earned many more millions over the years, but gave it up to look after his kids after his wife died. Top man in my book.

Soldato
Friends - couldn't stand it the first time (or the numerous times I've flicked through channels and accidentally dropped on yet another repeat. You give it another 5-10 minutes of your life and hear the track/audience laughing at something....not....funny). I'm sure a special won't be some money grabbing effort that will be *****, but the fanbase will fawn over as the best program ever. Couldn't be less interested.

Soldato
Friends is awesome - take your brain out and waste 20mins. So I'm looking forward to it The fact a network has paid $425m for the rights proves others are interested too.

My query is, wtf is an unscripted episode? Still to be written or they do improv on the night??

Man of Honour
Friends is awesome - take your brain out and waste 20mins. So I'm looking forward to it The fact a network has paid $425m for the rights proves others are interested too.

My query is, wtf is an unscripted episode? Still to be written or they do improv on the night??

I'm guessing it wont be an "episode" at all, more a sort of talk show format special, a bit like the Inbetweeners reunion "episode" recently

Soldato
Didnt they sell some set items not long back from monicas apartment? Be interesting to catch up with em tho but i dont think it will be that good most have aged not greatly like perry and blanc or phoebe. David cox and anniston could do ok in it tho they havent aged as bad. Hopefully its not a episode with kids all in it tho i think that would be bad to make them a integral part of it. Hopefully they can do the coffee shop and maybe monicas apartment somehow it might be good but they sold it in the last ep so not sure how they will reuse it unless something happened and they had to go back like lost jobs or something. Unless joey moved in to it. If the coffee shop is salvageable imo it would be best just to film it all in there like they all just went there for some reason maybe a death of gunther perhaps and they caught up there. Id be disapointed if it was a short 25 min episode a good hour or hour and a half would make it more special. Unless it comes out for a thanksgiving episode.

Soldato
watched a few season ways back then it suddenly turned utter ****e and I gave up on it. Can't really see the point of this project but will await a trailer to see if it falls into the great or ****e category.

Soldato
Yeah it turns out its just them together in a documentary type thing. Totally click bate news imo when i think most ppl expected a actual episode special with the reunited news. I have zero interest in the actors just together in one room talking about their past work in friends, it would be boring.

Soldato
This is what it sounds like it'll be, and we all know how well the Inbetweeners version went down...

I think that was because inbetweeners fans were expecting an actual episode, rather than some sort of talk show going over some of the well known scenes etc. Kind of what you used to expect with outtakes, behind the scenes, and directors commentary.

I can't quite see how HBO are paying them $2.5 million each to sit on a couch together and listen to them talk about their "time on friends". I'm pretty certain there's been countless interviews and such over the last two decades with them that this isn't exactly going to be of interest to many people.

Back
Top Bottom