Need Opinions on mid 2000's Audi A3

Soldato
Another reason not to buy a terrible old, small Audi A3.

Yes, because an Audi A3 and a Citroen Saxo are exactly the same kind of car :p If you were driving a Saxo and I offered you an A3, you'd bite my hand off.

I'm not even suggesting he gets an Audi A3, just that I can totally see the reasoning behind wanting to get rid of the Saxo, as even an A3 is a vast improvement.

nas

nas

Associate
I owned a 1.8TFSI a few years back, came with a few issues as expected (and some really expensive ones). They are starting to get on a bit now, so you'd be lucky to find a good one.

Even still it has the potential to throw up a £1-2k bills, especially if you go auto. I'd take the advice above and go for something newer.

Ym3J1KX.jpg

Associate
Hi Guys was wondering if you could help out. I’m going to view a mk4 golf tomorrow 1.6 auto petrol (1999) done 80k. Got an mot until June 2021, however does say on mot advisory front brake hose slightly damaged. Should I worry very much about that and stay away? and also what should I be wary of when looking and test driving the car

Caporegime
Hi Guys was wondering if you could help out. I’m going to view a mk4 golf tomorrow 1.6 auto petrol (1999) done 80k. Got an mot until June 2021, however does say on mot advisory front brake hose slightly damaged. Should I worry very much about that and stay away? and also what should I be wary of when looking and test driving the car
If it was considered dangerous the tester would have failed the car. I wouldn’t worry about it, but if you are worried get it tested again, just to be sure. Remember though, a MOT test is a check of roadworthiness and safety, not reliability.

Caporegime
For the budget you’ve got, you find the best example of whatever cars are out there, regardless - within reason of make model, meaning however tempting that £1500 S-Class May look, it’ll bankrupt you, stick to relatively common run of the mill stuff, Focus, Astra, Civic etc.

Pretty much anything will be an improvement on what you have now.

Back
Top Bottom