Need help with MOT

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I meant it all.

The brakes are the main thing, I'm going to throw a number and say over £1000 to fix it. The corrosion doesn't necessarily have to be a big job, but it could be depending on how corroded it is.

Also garages can vary in price. But as I said the brake problems will cost you a bit.

You probably could have made it clearer. Just sayin' :)

Man of Honour
Budget £1500 minimum for the corrosion repairs alone.

Panels, paint and materials came to the best part of £800 when I did both rear quarter/sill panels on mine.

Sounds like front chassis rails as well, the repair sections are <£150 and it's a day to day and a half labour

Associate
MX5 Normal corrosion at the rear of the outer sills, local body shop cut out old sill weld in new metal and spray ,last time I checked was around £500.00 they could probably include front floor section. New brake caliper on the rear, dont forget parking brake adjustment is on the caliper 5.00mm allen key in behind a nut.Front brake binding, how bad ? normally DVLA recommend failing at 50 on the brake meters. Exhaust I take it is dragging on the ground ? if not its still supported from some other mounts so not a fail.Bulbs and tyres normal. End of the day you could be around £7-£800 if u need to replace front calipers, chances are it would only be the pads or caliper pins seized
Good luck..

Man of Honour
Honestly, bin it. That's a significant amount of metalwork, you have six failures on metal alone.

I would be surprised if you see much change out of £1500 for just the welding without looking at the other faults.

Associate
you can phone and send photos to https://www.skuzzle.com/ to get a good idea?

sounds like it will be 2-3k tho to do a proper job - plus then another few hundred to underseal it to prevent it happening again... is it worth it for a 17 year old mk2!?! only you can decide, but financially not really.

Back
Top Bottom