#Tradwife

Caporegime
They make it sound like women fulfilling the traditional role of a house wife went away completely, stay at home wives dedicating their lives to raising their children and managing the home were generally treated with contempt in recent years but they still always existed.

Soldato
Shock horror as wife finds greater emotional fulfilment in raising children and dedicating her time to her family rather than trying to have a ‘career’.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I really don't see the appeal.

I love my wife because she challenges me, doesn't need me to do stupid things like inflate her car tyres or fill her car up with petrol, I like our intellectual musings that are a result of her mind being active as a deputy head teacher, rather than just talking about our children all the time, I like the fact that we can manage on either of our incomes if something happened to either of us, I like that she is capable of making important decisions regarding our family, rather than it falling onto me all the time. I like the way she is with me because she wants to be, not because she relies on me and is trapped.

I'd be bored with a #tradwife in about a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

I love my wife because she challenges me, doesn't need me to do stupid think like inflate her car tyres or fill her car up with petrol, I like our intellectual musings that are a result of her mind being active as a deputy head teacher, rather than just talking about our children all the time, I like the fact that we can manage on either of our income if something happened to either of us, I like that she is capable of making important decisions regarding our family, rather than it falling onto me all the time.

Why on earth would you assume that stay at home parents are any less intellectual than your wife because some work at home and yours works in a school?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why on earth would you assume that stay at home parents are any less intellectual than your wife because some work at home and yours works in a school?

Experience.

I speak to a lot of friends wives who are stay at home mums - the conversation is dull and intellectually flat. I even noticed it with my own wife while we were on parental leave together.

Soldato
None of this is true.

Indeed with Tory economics forcing women to go to work because one wage is not enough even without woman's choices. The benefit has been that companies can employ cheaper owrkforce although this is being lost due to equlaity legislation. Still the Tories have got the young to exploit as the Minimum Wage does not class a person as an adult until they are 25.

Man of Honour

I love my wife because she challenges me, doesn't need me to do stupid things like inflate her car tyres or fill her car up with petrol, I like our intellectual musings that are a result of her mind being active as a deputy head teacher, rather than just talking about our children all the time, I like the fact that we can manage on either of our incomes if something happened to either of us, I like that she is capable of making important decisions regarding our family, rather than it falling onto me all the time. I like the way she is with me because she wants to be, not because she relies on me and is trapped.

Amen. I couldn't think of anything worse in a partner.

Soldato
Indeed with Tory economics forcing women to go to work because one wage is not enough even without woman's choices.

It's nothing to do with the Tories. Women in the workforce have been on a gentle rise for decades through both Labour and Conservative governments.

kNhnWUm.png

NNgFZzT.jpg

BTW Historically women have always worked, be it at home raising children, or out in the fields harvesting crops. Remember that until very recently it was entirely normal for a woman to have 8 or more children. Raising so many children is a full-time job. And there were no conveniences like washing machines. Washing clothes and sheets was hard work: women in villages didn't go down to the stream to do the laundry because they enjoyed it! Women worked at home so the men could work outside. It wasn't oppression; rather a division of labour.

And it was entirely common for single women to be servants.

Associate
To each their own. Interesting to see some of the prejudice in here though. I've never noticed much of a difference between women that I know who work and those who don't.

Amen. I couldn't think of anything worse in a partner.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

To each their own. Interesting to see some of the prejudice in here though. I've never noticed much of a difference between women that I know who work and those who don't.

It's not prejudice, it's observation. I noticed the same in myself when I retired and was a house husband for a year. It was one of the main drivers in me embarking on a degree/pgce and has culminated in me undertaking a Ph.D currently. Being at home just wasn't intellectually stimulating enough (my wife said the same during maternity leave, she couldn't wait to get back to work).

I supposes if you're not overly intelligent or intellectual in the first instance, then being a house wife (or house husband) wont really be any different to working a menial job. But if you are, then being at home and just looking after the children, the house and your other half will be stifling and your intellectual capacity will certainly be suppressed. The brain needs exercise like any other muscle for it to be strong and healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
99% of the population do jobs that are not mentally stimulating at all so to suggest that enjoying being a full-time housewife means you must be stupid only highlights your own snobbery. Someone who stays at home full-time and reads books occasionally will learn far more intellectually than someone stacking shelves in Tesco.

1950's housewives used to be able bake, cook, knit, sew and all manner of useful tasks, a lot of working women today wouldn't even be able to repair a hole in a t-shirt so who are the intellectually inferior ones? most people today get their information from watching the mainstream media rubbish or reading social media. They don't form their own opinions they just repeat what the "popular" opinion is.

Caporegime
Interesting, I can see the appeal. Not sure I'd wife a party girl
my ex was a party girl in her teens, seemed like she always missed going out and wanted to relive the feeling of youth.

but I guess with women who didnt do much partying in their youth once they hit 30 they probably want to act like a teenager

Soldato
my ex was a party girl in her teens, seemed like she always missed going out and wanted to relive the feeling of youth.

but I guess with women who didnt do much partying in their youth once they hit 30 they probably want to act like a teenager
I've been screwing a party girl recently and ended it, god help the poor bloke who wifes her in a few years time lol, but she is fun, head ruling heart ;(

Back
Top Bottom