Relaxing game suggestions.

Soldato
I love fast-paced, challenging games as much as anyone but recently I've been feeling the need for something more relaxing.

The only thing I can think of is exploring Skyrim but unless I just sit by a river (which I haven't ruled out) then I'm bound to run into something that needs a slap or two.

Any suggestions?

Associate
I'd recommend Stardew Valley as a great chilled, mindless timesink.

Zelda: BOTW was relaxing in parts and offered more exploration/puzzle/calming graphics, but obvs only available on the nintendo switch.

Ree

Ree

Associate
probably gonna get laughed at for this but i play euro truck sim 2 or american truck sim and find it really relaxing to play everyone is different though. those games just do it for me for some reason.

Associate
For me, most games with creative modes I find relaxing.
Space Engineers used to be my go to game but recently I enjoyed Subnautica, has easy base building and you have a lot to explore if you feel adventurous.
As Varwen said Stardew has a slow pace and there are a lot of mods so you can tailor the game to what you want.
I can play Farming Simulator 19 crashed out on the couch with just a controller but that game may be a bit too slow for me long term (plowing's too much like hard work :D).

Soldato
For me online red dead 2 is a nice change of pace, just trotting round on my horse and doing a bit of hunting and fishing.

Soldato
@ree I have over 1200 hours on ETS2. I love it to death. Get Radios in game, Vr headset if you got one, with a wheel and pedals and it's so immersive, and relaxing it's unreal.

Soldato
OP
Thanks folks, plenty for me to look into there.

I like the sound of the Truck Simulator and definitely wandering around on a horse, hunting and fishing in Red Dead 2. That sounds perfect, as long as there's no pressure to actually do anything. :cool:

Soldato
Stardew is great, also Fallout Shelter is another that I found relaxing.

If you like survival/building games than 7 days to die is great for messing about in. Its a sandbox like minecraft, but more realistic graphics and much better game imo. You can play in creative mode or normal mode but with enemies turned off and just have the survival elements.

Soldato
This is ages old. But when my daughter was first born, I needed a game that I could play without too much attention, while holding a baby in one arm - and that would help me be chilled.

A game called Eufloria was perfect.

Soldato
@ree I have over 1200 hours on ETS2. I love it to death. Get Radios in game, Vr headset if you got one, with a wheel and pedals and it's so immersive, and relaxing it's unreal.

100% While I lean more toward The Americas, same thing with the VR and a classic rock radio station. It's just go with the flow, you feel your surroundings, totally relaxing.

Just wish we could haul online for a little bit more.

Back
Top Bottom