When did Peugeots become cool?

Soldato
I'm taking delivery of a new 3008 next month. Would never really have considered one but found a fantastic lease deal and when I checked the review they were generally very positive. I've not even sat in one let alone driven one but the interior looks really interesting.

Associate
OP
I bought my 3008 last year. Premium Model. Stunning car, absolutely stunning.

Had an Audi A4 S-Line before than and obviously started looking at the Q3. Then shopped around, before buying the 3008.

No regrets, love it. Brilliant car.

I have just got a GTLine and I'm very impressed, always been a fan of Ford, but this 3008 is brilliant. Keep finding little gems like the Air Freshener in the apps section and the wing mirror LED projector light that has the lion logo on the floor at night, I'm not old but it is no way duller then the Mondeo I have moved from :D

I'm taking delivery of a new 3008 next month. Would never really have considered one but found a fantastic lease deal and when I checked the review they were generally very positive. I've not even sat in one let alone driven one but the interior looks really interesting.

The one biggest difference moving into the 3008 is the steering wheel. It's tiny when you think the size of the vehicle but has good feedback.

I always have the Top Gear image of them driving the Peugeots over roundabouts and taking 15 days to pull out of junctions :D I am not that bad honest!!

Soldato
Every 3008 is pretty well spec'd. We paid £23k IIRC for our Premium model (that was brand new)

Considering it has:

Matrix Lights
Virtual Cockpit (tomtom live, wireless charging, carplay, android auto)
Electric Tailgate
Electric Panoramic Roof
Massage heated seats
Traffic light recognition
Lane assist
Blind spot alerting
Fragrance air vents

and no doubt a load of other stuff I have forgotten about, it's a great value car (imho)

Soldato
Yea the 205gti is the only desirable Peugeot there has ever been. Also the only one which has made it to classic status.

until you clapped eyes on the 309 gti :) much much cooler and a better handling car to boot

the new 508 is a pretty looking thing, that said always had a soft spot for big Peugeots

Caporegime
Peugeot had a cool period from around the 80's to early 2000's. Basically when the 206 hit the shelves it went all pear shaped.

When we were at sixth form everyone lusted after a 306 GTi-6, 106 gti, 205 gti etc. Also the Saxo was a big hit.

My first car was a Black Peugeot 306 1.6 XS. Basically a GTi in looks with a sporty red tiger stripe interior but with a weezy 100 HP motor.

Associate
'Er, just one more thing sir'.

BiFAu9sCQAAwBkq.jpg:large

Associate
OP
Any other non premium cars that have a full digital dash? Really impressed I thought it would be slow and a massive gimmick, but having a digital display and customisation that comes with it is amazing.

So far nothing has broke :D

Soldato
I had a new 307 for a couple of weeks about 15 years ago as a courtesy car after someone ran into the back of me. It was terrible!

But I hired a 308 when on holiday in Spain last summer and, aside from the comically small steering wheel, thought it was a great little car. Would definitely consider buying one when I replace our small car.

Associate
The film Ronan! Peugeot 605. :cool:

In Simbin's WTCC game, I regularly picked the Peugeot 407 rather than the BMW, Seat or Alfa. Such an ugly car in reality though.

Other than the 504, 106 Rallye and XS, 309GTi, 405Mi16, 306GTi-6,S16 and Rallye.

205 aside, a great list, although as Jester said, it does need the 406 v6 Coupe.

Agree the 3008 is a marked improvement.

Back
Top Bottom