New RAM day help. Motherboard issues.

Associate
Hello everyone, i hope you can help me out as im stuck.

My set up:
Gigabyte ga-ab350-gaming 3 (motherboard)
Evga 1070ti
Ryzen 3600x
Evga 1000gq psu

Old ram corsair 3000mhz vengeance 2x8gb (works and boots)

New ram hyper x fury rgb 2x16gb (won't boot)

Ok so when i install the new ram, i can not get my system to not at all, i have tried both sticks individually and they work fine, but together no. I have reset the bios and still nothing, whilst i had the old sticks in changed the xmp setting to on along with changing the frequency to 3200mhz then replacing the sticks, still nothing.

Where am i going wrong?

Cheers for any help!

Soldato
Did you make sure memory voltage was correct?
Likely nearly all 16GB DIMMs are dual ranks with more chips than single rank 8GB DIMMs, which certainly makes voltage more critical.

Though with that board being for first gen Ryzen, it could be that BIOS hasn't been optimized

Associate
OP
Ive tested all slots.

About the voltage that might make sense. Sorry im not great at this.

In voltage i did ensure to select 1.35v in the bios. Then put the new sticks in but still nothing. For a larnotes,here's on the mobo there's a large red LED strip that lights up. When i use 1 dick of the new ram, or both the old this lights up and then boots. When i try both new sticks, it flashes white Almost and then starts off, no boot. Could this mean anything?

Soldato
@EsaT thats a little over my head sorry :(

@Joxeon ok, how should i do this? with just going into the bio when i have 1 stick of the new ram installed... save,, switch off and install the second stick and try?
Yah, if it only boots with 1 stick even without xmp enabled then you will have to make the changes with just a single then as you say save and then add the 2nd stick and see if it boots.

I would say it is a problem that hopefully can be remedied with some voltage adjustment since your 2x8 works fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
So i can change the line DRAM Voltage (CH A/B) from auto to 1.15 but the vcore soc only goes up to +0.300v

I presume you mean change the dram voltage (ch a/b) line?
Ok it looks like the vcore SOC is an offset voltage.

When you go into PC health status in the bios what does it say SOC is set too?

For instance if it says VCORE SOC 1.1 and you want 1.15 then you would change the dynamic vcore SOC to + 0.050.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ill type all that it says

Cpu vcore - 1.5v (changing constantly)
Cpu VDDP - around 0.912
DRAM channel a/b voltage - 1.236 (static)
+3.3v - 3.363v (static)
+5v - 5.070 (static)
+12v - 12.384 (static)
VCORE SOC - 1.040 (changing to minor quantities)

Associate
OP
Weirdly enough also. Every time i restart and enter bios i get three message 'BIOS has been reset. Please re-config your BIOS setup items if needed'

I think the bios is ressetting every time? As i keep selecting 'fast boot' however... No fast boots to be had, even with other ram lol

Back
Top Bottom