Credit Card Question - in Credit!

Soldato
There is the money transfer option online. Can't see it being a laundering issue really as the money came from my account, through expedia and has now been refunded from expedia to my credit card? Will probably just give them a call regardless though.

Highly likely that will include a fee as its based around lending, not transfer of credit.

Soldato
There is the money transfer option online. Can't see it being a laundering issue really as the money came from my account, through expedia and has now been refunded from expedia to my credit card? Will probably just give them a call regardless though.

Money transfers are a different thing, it's essentially borrowing cash from your credit card at stupidly high interest rate. Don't do that option!

I was certainly never accusing you of money laundering, it's just what it was used for a lot of the time as it was a 'free' way to create lots of legitimate looking transactions.

Man of Honour
That's not the option you want, that's for taking money off the card while using the credit there will be fees attached. Just give them a call and they'll get the credit balance back to you.

Soldato
That's not the option you want, that's for taking money off the card while using the credit there will be fees attached. Just give them a call and they'll get the credit balance back to you.

I don't know about you, but I've tried to call Halifax a couple of times and they won't speak to me as apparently nothing is urgent.

Don
I had credit balances on a few cards after hotel cancellations

The live cards I will just spend it

I have one on card I no longer use and 1 phone call and they transferred it to my current account

Soldato
I had quite a large credit balance with my First Direct credit card, after about 6 months they decided to transfer it to my current account.

I think it does affect certain things, if you purchase something with your own credit balance you aren't covered by the credit card protection, or so I'm led to believe.

Caporegime
I am an idiot but i love Spaceballs so who cares :p

BTW i am nothing IRL like the online moron i am on ocuk. I just find it hilarious to be able to cover all bases of outrage.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just give them a call, they will transfer off for you back to your bank account :)

I did this a few months back when a reserve credit card of mine that I seldom use received a refund. The phone call to the credit company to get the excess money transferred to my bank account was easy enough. The funny thing is that the card earns reward points and due to having had a positive balance it now shows me as earning negative points!

Associate
Yeah just get in touch with the provider and ask them to move over. I've had refunds on my AMEX which have put my card into credit and they've always moved it back into my current account no questions asked. Easy :D

Back
Top Bottom