How do you buy your phones?

Soldato
I know it says it somewhere in the small print, but I still think it's dirty. A 2Y contract is meant to be a 2Y contract. Then after that, the terms can change.

What makes it even worse is that a contract price is made up from the handset cost plus cost of airtime. There's no way in hell the phone company should be able to hit their customers with an RPI increase on the handset part of the contract, since the device cost would in no way increase after the point at which the company bought it. Yet somehow the telcos have got away with it.

Soldato
I buy mine outright. Got the Note 10+ 5G now and to be honest I would like to keep it 3 or 4 years I can considering both the cost of it and how powerful it is, it should keep me going nicely.

Consigliere
Quick q for those who buy outright...do you use a credit card with interest free and pay it off slowly or do you just save up for the phone?

Some phones are 700 or so...!

Associate
Went SIM only this year for the first time in years, kept my Note 8 and got an unlimited data deal on EE for 27 quid a month.

Very happy with that decision, I'll pay outright for my next one. Like being on a 12 month contract too.

Associate
Buy outright normally 6 months to a year after launch. Sell the previous one on a recycle site. O2 sim only £9 for 9GB data and unlimited mins/texts.

Soldato
I'm buying contract free for the first time in years in around 4 weeks time, what are the best sites for this or do you just buy from the networks sim free?

Back
Top Bottom