Xbox series X Live game Event

Associate
Everything looked current gen. Nothing really impressed me

That’s exactly what I thought.

Nothing that didn’t seem possible on current gen.

Don’t get me wrong the games looks nice and some were interesting but not what I would call next gen.

Now I’m a fan of the Dirt series but what was shown here didn’t impress me at all. It looked really outdated.

Soldato
Tbf becaue MS are doing the whole buy this gen have next gen free they can't really go all out on the new one.

The Devs likely to just focus on getting it to run on current gen and maybe one or two extra features on next gen version.

Possibly by 2nd year into new gen console we will see the benefit of them

It's rare any launch title of any consol makes use of the extra power initially

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's rare any launch title of any consol makes use of the extra power initially

Of course its not. Every console and launch will be pushing titles that are better graphically than the last gen. The difference between the start of a new generation and the end of it is usually quite large but its not much of a leap if your super powerful new console can't deliver better graphics than your 7 year old console or even your mid-step console from 3 years ago. MS doesn't seem to be betting on gamers yet again from what they have shown. People who care about games will have a PS4 and perhaps either an Xbox or PC depending on what other games they like playing.

Casuals might care more about something like gamepass or the value for money MS is giving them but most people don't want to miss out on a large proportion of the best games in a generation. MS doesn't seem to understand that the thing that makes for the best gaming experience is the best games. Not the best graphics, not giving people cheap access to average game and not the cost of ownership. Console gaming is a cheap hobby in the grand scheme of things.

Soldato
Of course its not. Every console and launch will be pushing titles that are better graphically than the last gen. The difference between the start of a new generation and the end of it is usually quite large but its not much of a leap if your super powerful new console can't deliver better graphics than your 7 year old console or even your mid-step console from 3 years ago. MS doesn't seem to be betting on gamers yet again from what they have shown. People who care about games will have a PS4 and perhaps either an Xbox or PC depending on what other games they like playing.

Casuals might care more about something like gamepass or the value for money MS is giving them but most people don't want to miss out on a large proportion of the best games in a generation. MS doesn't seem to understand that the thing that makes for the best gaming experience is the best games. Not the best graphics, not giving people cheap access to average game and not the cost of ownership. Console gaming is a cheap hobby in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry but thats not true at all, Look back at initial PS3/X360 titles compare them to the ones that came out later, there is a big difference in quality. PS4/Xbox One was the same, the initial games at launch were not as pretty as the ones that came later. Over time they will deliver better looking/working games but expecting launch titles to make use of all the extra power is abit daft imo when history shows its not the case

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sorry but thats not true at all, Look back at initial PS3/X360 titles compare them to the ones that came out later, there is a big difference in quality. PS4/Xbox One was the same, the initial games at launch were not as pretty as the ones that came later. Over time they will deliver better looking/working games but expecting launch titles to make use of all the extra power is abit daft imo when history shows its not the case

Yeah that’s exactly what I said. I was disagreeing that the end of the previous generation is as graphically impressive as the start of a new one. There is usually a huge difference in GFX between the start and end of a generation.

Soldato
None of these videos where mircosoft studios so when the July Livestream comes and we see next gen halo and hellblade on there series X I assume most people will change there point of view ;p

fez

fez

Caporegime
None of these videos where mircosoft studios so when the July Livestream comes and we see next gen halo and hellblade on there series X I assume most people will change there point of view ;p

I doubt we will change our opinion that these games look really last gen when you show us different games that look next gen...

Back
Top Bottom