Air con window seals?

Soldato
Hey folks, I am usually just putting the air con vent pipe out of a window and realised (even thought they have been around ages!) that you can get window seals;
Obviously working from home, in a small conservatory is like working in a sauna at the moment.

I bought this;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Q2F3151/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

And realised it's about ten times too big for the window... Does anyone have any better ideas, it's a small top opening window about 50cm x 30cm

Right now it works... (See below) but obviously not ideal given the window is open around it.

OWwr1BV.jpg

Associate
A clear piece of perspex with Velcro on the left and right hand side so you can remove it when not in use, a hole drilled in the middle 130MM diameter I'm guessing, and pop the pipe through that.
(it's what I did before I had a split unit fitted)
That pipe will get very warm and give off a lot of heat too, I went the extra mile at the time and even lagged the pipe.
Pretty? Hell no.

Soldato
As above. You could even use cardboard for a quick fix. It probably won't make much of a difference though, its a small window opening and as mentioned, most of that heat is from the pipe before its expelled.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, love the perspex idea (and the cardboard ha ha :D) I genuinely need to get air con installed, I flirt with the idea every year, but it's the cost combined with where do I have it... Im thinking just the lounge downstairs and our bedroom, or the lounge and the upstairs hallway with the idea it would 'cool' the landing and the bedrooms upstairs enough to benefit everyone... Hmmm...!!!

Man of Honour
Also, wrap the exhaust in an insulated thermal blanket of some sort. It helps. Without it, the hose really acts like a radiator.

Back
Top Bottom