Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I doubt you’ll be able to get in in time. When something is telegraphed like that, the algorithms will take it out of your hands. Glad to be in Greggs!

Soldato
The algorithms can read and understand news or someone puts in some some key words that the algorithms look for?

This is the argument for passive investing - that you can’t ‘beat’ the algorithms as they, using whichever variables, can ‘beat’ you to the punch. A Trump tweet is enough to turn a red day into a green day. You’ll see it happen sometimes when he tweets the words ‘trade deal’ and ‘China’; but sometimes they get it wrong...

Soldato
Well I took a punt with non-limit buys in Aston Martin, WH Smiths, Burberry and Superdry at 8am. Got in at various points on the initial climb. Crossing fingers now that they don't immediately drop again! I feel most of them are good value in the mid to long term at least.

Soldato
Next month or 2 is likely to be upward trend until when/if countries start getting hit by second waves of the virus or Q3 figures get released and sales/profits aren't as good as greedy minds are expecting and more business start going under because consumer habits have changed

Soldato
Superdry and WH Smiths proving a good punt, up 15% since I bought in yesterday. Burberry announcing a new CEO last night has knocked me back down to even there. Aston Martin still heading in the right direction too.

Sold my Ocado and Adyen early on today, also a good shout. Will probably buy back in at some point. Overpriced maybe but seems quite a few other companies want their tech.

Soldato
Certainly some lovely money to be made out there! LGEN are going to announce some interesting developments soon. Brokers notes + divi at AAZ (share price has taken a little hit as people took profit from recent rises, so good chance to get in IMO).

Probably going to sell LGEN on news - a pretty easy +10% there but I don’t want to be a LTH with them, despite clearly being a good company.

Associate
Certainly some lovely money to be made out there! LGEN are going to announce some interesting developments soon. Brokers notes + divi at AAZ (share price has taken a little hit as people took profit from recent rises, so good chance to get in IMO).

Probably going to sell LGEN on news - a pretty easy +10% there but I don’t want to be a LTH with them, despite clearly being a good company.

When is this LGEN announcement due? Are you saying - based on your statement you expect it to be good news and increase share price by 10%?

Soldato
When is this LGEN announcement due? Are you saying - based on your statement you expect it to be good news and increase share price by 10%?

https://twitter.com/markkleinmansky/status/1265367656141553664?s=21

I meant that I’m already up Approx 10% since my buy in...can’t see why it won’t continue up. This announcement - if true - I think would give the share price some uplift. However this may have been achieved already, +6% on the day (approx).

Back
Top Bottom