• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Refresh) 3900XT/3800XT/3600XT

Caporegime
overclocking isnt what they make these chips for, they are made to meet their specs, nothing more.

Pretty much, which is why they sell them "unlocked" as there's really not much to be got out of them. Think the days of getting near a ghz overclock out of some chips are behind us.

Soldato
A 3600XT is starting to sound quite yummy, but I really should wait for the 4000 series. Damn this 4770K for soldiering on.

If your planning an upgrade I would really just wait for the 4000 series.

It's not gonna be long now. Oct/Nov maybe.

I don't even see why AMD are bothering with this series. It's gonna confuse people who don't know anything about computers.

They gonna buy now and in a few months see the 4000 series and be like WTF??!

Caporegime
its so they get sales from the exact person you quoted. people who arent going to wait and tempted by tweaks cpus. just wait now until the next ones.they wont be long and why the new 550 boards are nearly out.

Soldato
If your planning an upgrade I would really just wait for the 4000 series.

It's not gonna be long now. Oct/Nov maybe.

I don't even see why AMD are bothering with this series. It's gonna confuse people who don't know anything about computers.

They gonna buy now and in a few months see the 4000 series and be like WTF??!

It'll be late Nov/Dec for limited chips, and the rest of the range to follow next year.
Quite a few months away.

Caporegime
If people are on older CPUs and desperate to upgrade then these chips will be fine.

The 4000 series isn't exactly going to be groundbreaking for those who primarily use their machines for gaming. Even a 20-30% increase across a set of benchmarks is unlikely to translate to that in games, unless you’re at 1080p on a high end graphics card.

Associate
I will probably pick up the 3800xt to replace my 2700x for my ch6 since I now can't get a 4xxx on my current motherboard and I'm not getting a new board just for the 4xxx when AMD will move to AM5 after that. I game at 1440 so i will probably see little difference anyway and I would rather spend the money on a new graphics card to replace my 1080.

Soldato
WOW......now who would have thought I could have been right all along hey !!! Ryzen 3xxxXT was quite obviously N7P an enhanced and optimized version of N7 bring upto a 7% increase, ring any bells, and there is no 7nm+ (N7+) for AMD, Lets call the XT's secretly Zen3...or Zen2+ if you prefer, its AMD, they can do what they want.

And as the video shows, they are waiting for TSMC to start producing 5nm+ later this year, so you wont be seeing any Ryzen 4000 CPU's until 2021, makes perfect sense to me, as Ryzen 5000 isnt due until 2022, the way its always been on there roadmap, what........were they not going to release nothing in 2021.

Now lets wait for the news where they say they tried, but they couldnt make it fit on AM4, so a socket change is required, ie new motherboard, and when everyone starts moaning, AMD will just say "well we did say we would only support AM4 until 2020" its 2020 now, next year if you dont like it, you can always move to intel and there further enhanced 14nm chips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom