PC Magazine Subscriptions

Soldato
Hi all

Not sure if this is the correct place to post.

Just want to know if anybody bothers with PC magazines and if so which ones are pretty helpful and have a lot of useful information?

Also do you bother with subscriptions or just buy it when you go to the shop/supermarket?

Cheers

Soldato
I subscribe to WebUser which has some pretty useful advice and information.

I haven't really found a website to replace the magazine yet. Most websites have information scattered around the site, hidden behind menus and clicking through pages. I just find it easier to read it in a physical printed version, without pop up adverts.

Soldato
OP
I subscribe to WebUser which has some pretty useful advice and information.

I haven't really found a website to replace the magazine yet. Most websites have information scattered around the site, hidden behind menus and clicking through pages. I just find it easier to read it in a physical printed version, without pop up adverts.

Glad I'm not the only one then :) I find it easier having it right there to flick through

Soldato
I’ve subscribed to PC Pro for many, many years now. It’s quite business orientated but I find it a good read written by knowledgable people.

Soldato
@BowdonUK is the Webuser mag a pretty helpful one? What kind of stuff does it talk about? I used to get Custom PC but that was more new components and bits they recommended

It reviews technology, apps, programs, gives tutorials, as some question and answers of tech questions. Reviews websites, new gadgets etc.

I think its a more wide ranging magazine that Custom PC. It doesn't focus on hardware, though it will review mobile phones, tablets, new devices etc.

I always end up reading the magazine fully.

Soldato
I subscribe to pc Pro occasionally when they have an offer.II think the mag is decent, but I am primarily a fan of the podcast - subscribing to the mag occasionally is my way of showing support!

Soldato
If you want to check out a good range of mags then subscribe to Readly. I’m sure there’s a free trial then £9.99 a month for digital access to bucketloads of mags. While I prefer paper, Readly is a good way to scan through the Linux and Apple mags that is never buy anyway.

Soldato
OP
It reviews technology, apps, programs, gives tutorials, as some question and answers of tech questions. Reviews websites, new gadgets etc.

I think its a more wide ranging magazine that Custom PC. It doesn't focus on hardware, though it will review mobile phones, tablets, new devices etc.

I always end up reading the magazine fully.

Still pretty interesting, I may have a look at this one as it covers a lot of Tech

I subscribe to pc Pro occasionally when they have an offer.II think the mag is decent, but I am primarily a fan of the podcast - subscribing to the mag occasionally is my way of showing support!

Something else for me to consider, could probably find helpful information inside

If you want to check out a good range of mags then subscribe to Readly. I’m sure there’s a free trial then £9.99 a month for digital access to bucketloads of mags. While I prefer paper, Readly is a good way to scan through the Linux and Apple mags that is never buy anyway.

Never heard of this place will head over there and check it out, cheers

Former PC Pro subscriber here too but I’m talking years ago. I do miss having a little flick actually

We all love a good flick, wet the finger and flick!

@Ice Tea there's definitely a naughty side to that comment :p

Back
Top Bottom