Some thread about the London congestion charge

Soldato
Petition reads like its from someone with their tongue well and truly up Trump's rear end and has loads of typos and bad grammar. Quoting that grade A knobber Liam Gallagher as someone whose opinion we should take notice of is just hilarious !

Hell no.

Soldato
I can’t cycle Or walk from west to east London twice a day, car is the only solution.

Fulham to Barking is 1h5m by car, 55m by public transport, and 1h25 by bike. According to Google Maps. About as West to East as you can go in London.

Without the increased traffic from all of the cars, public transport could be even quicker, as could more direct bike routes.

Man of Honour
Who will pay for it? At the moment there are roadworks on almost every street in my part of London.
I can’t cycle Or walk from west to east London twice a day, car is the only solution.

How far east we talking?

Living in the West Brompton area you've got arguably one of the nicest potential commutes along the river. You can be in Whitechapel in 30mins with an eBike.

Capodecina
Soldato
Petition reads like its from someone with their tongue well and truly up Trump's rear end and has loads of typos and bad grammar. Quoting that grade A knobber Liam Gallagher as someone whose opinion we should take notice of is just hilarious !

Hell no.
Guess the age of the petitioner . . . poll?

@Mrwong, you really should be ashamed of yourself, promoting this semi-literate garbage :(

Consigliere
Public transport in London could not cope before COVID-19, Now there are less buses less capacity on the bus and more congestion on the outskirts of the CC zone.

Add this to reduced car lanes making it a nightmare to move around London.

I thought people were supposed to be at a distance from each other. The policies above and others have clustered more people together.

Then making a mess of the road systems adds to congestion.

I feel like whatever I reply back to you will be ignored so good luck with your quest.

Soldato
The answer is simple, get yourself a less polluting form of transport. Whilst there is a revenue generation element it is getting pumped back into tfl to help with the local infrastructure.

Living in the capital has it's cons.

Caporegime

Hell no.
PMSL, I thought pretty much the same too. The way it’s been worded, my 3 yr old nephew can do better lol. Gives a good reflection on the OP.
I vote name change to Mr Wrong please.

Like **** these petitions do anything as it is.

As for the congestion charge increasing etc?? I don’t have a problem with that but then I don’t travel into London by car. If I need to go city then I’ll take the tube with a mask of course.

Soldato
London transport must be losing a lot of money without all the commuters and tourists.

Do you have to pay the congestion charge if you have EV?

Man of Honour
Meh is what it is... not like it matters. Most people driving in London for whatever reason at the moment are generally doing it for work and will put it on expenses. I've been in several times over the last few weeks and was in London on Saturday and did exactly that. It's bliss driving through the town at the moment compared to how it was anyway so ill gladly pay the few extra quid not to be constantly in traffic.

Permabanned
The roads around the CC are becoming a nightmare to drive because no one wants to enter the CC now.
Sounds ideal to me. Nobody else on the road, less time in traffic.

Whilst we're at it, can we get Mr. Khan to change all motorways to toll roads? Love the M6 toll, never any other bugger about.

e: lmfao, read the poll and it quotes Liam Gallagher as a credible source. Jesus Christ. Is this what it's come to?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Meh is what it is... not like it matters. Most people driving in London for whatever reason at the moment are generally doing it for work and will put it on expenses. I've been in several times over the last few weeks and was in London on Saturday and did exactly that. It's bliss driving through the town at the moment compared to how it was anyway so ill gladly pay the few extra quid not to be constantly in traffic.

Try driving this Saturday in London and pay £15, Park Lane has been mutilated. Yes for those that don't go to central London ever day it is fine but for those that visit everyday it is insane, I expect lots businesses to go under.

As you say pass on the expense to your company which is passed on to clients.

All the new Roadworks cutting down lanes, extension of CC. When people start to going back to work the new transport designs will not function anymore.

London didn't have the capability before the lock down, with those additional restrictions in placed it will destroy commerce in central London.

Soldato
It's about time fossil fuel motor vehicle users paid more for polluting the air, especially on sub 5 mile journeys that could easily be done by bike, e-bike, e-scooter etc.

Bring it to Southampton's City centre and beyond, at least we now have more bus/cycle lanes being trialled.

Well done current London mayor!

Soldato
It has around 140k votes so far, more than others I have seen.

And if it wasn't written in the form of an angry 10 year old it might have had more.

I'm not arguing about the votes, I just feel it's poorly written.

This is coming from someone that really dislikes Sadiq Khan.

Back
Top Bottom